IT Service Desk Manager
Our Service Desk provides IT desktop support for 3,500 Dyson employees at our Malmesbury HQ and across Europe. First to work each day, we ensure systems and conference facilities are up and running. After that, things get interesting. The day can bring anything from building new hardware to troubleshooting in-depth incidents. Work is fast-paced and no day is the same, with opportunities to develop cutting-edge skills and work with many different areas across the business. But we wouldn’t have it any other way. We understand the importance of our service and we are passionate about the level of support we provide. And, no matter how busy, we always find a way to solve Dyson’s most pressing problems.
Incident Management and Service Request Process
• Developing the principles, processes and procedures for the Service Desk
• Liaising with Service Delivery Managers across the business to ensure that incidents and service requests are managed within every domain according to the incident management and service request process
• Ensuring that calls are managed within the terms of the incident and service request process
• Ensuring that incidents and service requests are resolved and closed without undue delay
• Ensuring that all relevant incidents are linked to their appropriate problem by resolving groups where appropriate
• Ensuring the effective day-to-day operation of, and adherence to, the incident management process including roles and responsibilities
• Functioning as the main point of contact within Service Operations for updates on day-to-day incident management issues, including the status of outstanding incidents. This includes liaising with other teams e.g. change management to ensure all interested parties are kept informed
• Leading the appropriate forums focused on incident resolution
• Attending the appropriate forums that require tactical incident management input
• Contributing to internal and client reports as required
• Escalating priority cases according to the escalation process
• Forecasting future workload demands of the Service Desk and ensure sufficient resource is available to deliver the service.
• Working with the Service Delivery Management Team to ensure service and operational level agreements have been agreed prior to the implementation of new/amended systems and services.
• Contributing to the strategic operational business plan for the IT Service Desk
• Managing relationships (along with the Service Delivery Management team) with all internal and external support teams Continuous Improvement
• Utilising available data to identify trends and common faults, to drive an ongoing culture of call avoidance through coaching and development.
• Driving service improvement initiatives across the Service Desk
• Evaluating customer feedback in order to respond where service has not met expectation and drive improvement actions
• Identifying opportunities for enhancements to known solutions within the Service Desk knowledge base Line/Task Management
• Responsibility for management of Service Desk Team Leaders and IT Procurement Team
• Ensuring all team members are clear on their role, have up to date objectives and personal development plans and receive consistent line management, feedback and performance appraisals
• Working with team members to understand their career aspirations, and coach and support them in their development
• Supporting skills development to ensure team members are equipped to meet current and future demands, and ensuring career development is aligned with the strategic direction of the business
• At least 2 years experience in a Team Lead position on an IT or Customer Service Desk
• Working knowledge of ITSM tools e.g. Service Now
• Proven track record of successfully managing 3rd party suppliers (onshore and offshore)
• Strong experience of working to ITIL processes specifically incident management
• Working knowledge of service management tools
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
• Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including third parties, IT and business personnel.
• Good understanding of technology and process optimization techniques e.g. standardisation, consolidation, simplification and automation and an appetite for continuous improvement.
• Able to travel to world-wide sites across the enterprise.