£25,000 - £30,000 + bonus, 27 days holiday, access to onsite sports facility
The role is to monitor and support the management of information created and held within our Business. Analysing and contextualising current ‘pockets of information’ through Business engagement and reporting. The role will focus on a Global discovery project initially and develop into an optimisation and maturity development thereafter.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
Dyson learnt an early lesson in the value of legal might, winning a gruelling battle against Hoover when it infringed our early cyclone technology patents. Our in-house legal teams have been at the forefront of Dyson ever since. From the information security experts and IP teams doggedly protecting our ideas. To the commercial lawyers and procurement specialists who solve our toughest business challenges across the world.
The overall purpose of this role is to:
- Communicate, educate and raise awareness of information policies and standards
- Support business areas to embed policies, standards and controls into their operational processes
- Report on the extent to which embedded controls mitigate information risk, and
- Escalate critical and significant risk to ensure that the potential impact to the business is understood.
Additionally, these roles will support crisis management, incident response, eDiscovery and the preparation of information to support litigation.
Global Information Management and Governance (IMG)
- Support the Global Head of Information Management and Governance to implement information and data management policies, processes, procedures and guides across Dyson
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Records Management Policy (supporting compliance with global requirements for Quality Management and Document Control)
- Contribute to the Annual Review of Information Governance Policy Framework
- Maintain awareness raising, advisory and guidance material shared through internal means
- Support with the setup and champion Information Management stakeholder engagement boards
- Escalate any incident or breach affecting information or data
- Provide support and leadership towards any task assigned to or/and undertaken by IMG
- Creation and provision of a number of agreed reporting outputs in different formats (ie. dashboards, written reports, presentations, etc); for analytics, progress and development purposes.
Collaboration and Cross Functional Teams
- Work with eDiscovery Specialist to ensure that;
- Information and data is routinely assessed to understand ‘litigation readiness’
- All staff understand their responsibility for managing information to support litigation discovery and disclosure.
- Work with end users, IT and Process Owners for Information to ensure that;
- Information and owners are identified across Dyson
- Information is classified in accordance to Global IMG requirements
- Map Information maturity models
- Map end-to-end Information flow process
- Identify and optimise systems used for information storage at different levels of maturity
- Identify quality and critical records across Dyson
- Support and contribute towards the development of IT Systems and automated processing to align business requirements, policy, law and regulations affecting information and data
- Advocate and champion ‘good information practice’, aligning IMG principles with different Business functions
- Provide advice and guidance to resolve issues affecting information and data
- Provide oversight and report on effectiveness of IM Controls, creating a risk based view of information
- Maintain an IMG risk register across Dyson
- Deliver training, support and awareness activities across different functions
Information Management Specific:
- Knowledge of Records Management theory and delivery
- Experience of working in a records management role.
- Experience and understanding of Records Management/ Document Control in an engineering discipline (ideally working within a quality management framework aligned to relevant ISO standards).
- Ability to collect and track data, and to analyse data to derive actionable insights.
- Great relationship building skills – a compelling communicator and engager
- Ability to author technical documents
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to convey complex data into reporting outputs aimed at less technical audiences
- Able to work independently as well as a part of a Team
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
Project Management Specific:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to undertake complex analysis / problem solving and communicate the results clearly.
- Ability to organize and deliver meetings and workshops to support the delivery of projects.
- Strong planning and time management.
- Ability to manage workload to deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to co-ordinate and influence others to deliver objectives of projects.
- Ability to work with integrity and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to support the development of an approach & manage plans to achieve the deliverables related to the role.
- Educated to degree level in Information Systems, Business Systems, Project Management or related
- At least 3 years’ experience in an information Business Analytics role
- Project Management Qualifications
- Information Management principles
- Information Systems
- Project management.
- Business process analysis.
- Training development and delivery.
- Analysis and interpretation of data
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.