Information Management and Compliance Specialist
Competitive remuneration package
Achieve efficient management of Dyson information, whilst optimising its effectiveness and maintaining compliance with information-related laws and regulations.
Our story begins in 2004 and today we have more than 800 people working in Singapore. The high technology manufacturing facility in West Park produced its 10 millionth motor in July 2015. With an investment of another $100m, we will now be able to increase our motor manufacturing capacity to 11 million a year.
In our research and design hub in Alexandra, the engineers focus on developing the Air Multiplier™ technology, as well as other enabling technologies in electronics, software, robotics and many others; they help drive future portfolios of technology and develop areas of cross development between our product categories.
Global Information Management and Governance
• Support the Global Head of Information Management and Governance to implement information and data management policy relevant to RDD, Supply Chain and Operations.
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Records Management Policy (supporting compliance with global requirements for Quality Management)
• Contribute to the Annual Review of Information Governance Policy Framework
• Cascade details of changes to Information Governance Policy Framework to key stakeholders in RDD, Supply Chain and Operations
• Maintain awareness raising, advisory and guidance material shared through MOTOR pages and Knowledge Central
• Escalate any incident or breach affecting information or data used by RDD, Supply Chain or Operations.
Collaboration and Cross Functional Teams
• Work with eDiscovery Specialist to ensure that;
o Information and data is routinely assessed to understand ‘litigation readiness’
o All RDD staff understand their responsibility for managing information to support litigation discovery and disclosure.
• Work with RDD Optimisation Team and Process Owners for Information to ensure that;
o Information policy is integrated with broader RDD awareness raising and educational activity
o Records Management practice is embedded into the product design lifecycle
o Records are appropriately retained for the required period and securely destroyed when no longer required
o Records (including prototypes) that are archived are controlled using an inventory and stored in an appropriate (archival standard) storage facility
• Work with IT to ensure that;
o They understand the legal and regulatory requirements that affect information and data that is processed by RDD, Supply Chain and Operations.
o IT Systems and automated processing is compliant with policy, law and regulation affecting information and data.
Work with RDD Registry and RDD Admin to ensure that;
• All disclosure of information and data to third parties is subject to relevant contractual control for data sharing and transfer
• All disclosure is registered on the Dyson Disclosure Register
Support key stakeholders working in Research, Development and Design (RDD) and Supply Chain and Operations to manage their information in compliance with internal policy and global law and regulation affecting the collection, transmission, aggregation, management and use of information.
• Educate and raise awareness of issues affecting information and data used by RDD, Supply Chain and Operations.
• Provide advice and guidance to resolve issues affecting information and data
• Input to projects and business change to ensure that ‘compliance by default’ is achieved
• Provide oversight and monitor compliance with policy, legal and regulatory requirements
• Report Information Risk or Compliance Weakness through the IM Risk Reporting Framework
• Support breach response activities where information or data is affected by or key to the resolution of a critical or significant incident
• Recognise good information management practice and celebrate success
Supporting Privacy Compliance in RDD facilities in South East Asia
• Work with the Global Privacy Team to understand privacy compliance requirements affecting personal identifiable information (employee data and the processing of customer data by RDD, Supply Chain and Operations) in all RDD Operations facilities in South East Asia.
• Provide a ‘first point of contact’ for issues affecting PII in South East Asia Operations facilities.
• Qualification in records and/or information management (or working towards)
• 3 year’s experience in an information or records management function.
• Records & information management theory and practice.
• Microsoft office and Windows operating system (including Sharepoint).
• Project management.
• Business process analysis.
• Training development and delivery.
• Analysis and interpretation of legal record-keeping requirements.
Information Management Specific:
• Knowledge of current records management theory and practice.
• Experience of working in a records management role.
• Experience and understanding of Records Management/ Document Control in an engineering discipline (ideally working within a quality management framework aligned to relevant ISO standards).
• Ability to collect and track data, and to analyse data to derive actionable insights.
• Great relationship building skills – a compelling communicator and engager
Project Management Specific:
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to undertake complex analysis / problem solving and communicate the results clearly.
• Ability to organize meetings and workshops to support the delivery of projects.
• Strong planning and time management.
• Ability to work autonomously and manage own workload to deliver to agreed deadlines.
• Ability to co-ordinate and influence others to deliver objectives of projects.
• Ability to work with integrity and efficiently under pressure.
• Ability to support the development of an approach & manage plans to achieve the deliverables related to the role.
• Determined to identify solutions and prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focussed on delivery.
• Working in cross-functional teams
• Working in multi-national / multi-lingual teams
• Training delivery