£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits + Gym
The purpose of this role it to provide extensive technical expertise and operational support to Dysons Web and IoT Infrastructure. It involves working closely with other operational support personal as well as development teams to ensure that delivery is successful and system/site uptime is monitored and maintained to a high degree.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build, support and maintain multiple development and production environments hosted on internal and public cloud solutions for full software development lifecycle
• Support and work alongside development teams and DBAs to ensure they have all the facilities to achieve their goals and objectives, and you can achieve yours
• Develop and implement automated processes to ensure that environments are consistent, are scalable and fast deployment can be achieved
• Provision and maintain infrastructure components such as Servers, Load Balancers, Web Server, DNS and Monitoring Solutions
• Develop, configure and monitor early warning and alert systems
• Establish and run processes for on-going maintenance monitoring support and security patching of a platform.
• Liaise with the business, project managers and team to ensure that business requirements, scope and timelines are achievable
• Lead and manage project where appropriate
• Respond in a timely manner to all issues and provide support up to 3rd line/architect level.
• Managing and control changes to the environment
• Providing ad-hoc infrastructure services for prototyping and other initiatives
• Provide technical assistance, administration and problem resolution for the technologies utilised by Dysons Web and IoT Infrastructure:
o Public Cloud Solutions (Verizon, Amazon Web Services & Microsoft Azure)
o Domain Name and DNS Management
o Web Hosting
o Microsoft Server products (Windows 2008 to 2012)
o Linux (Ubuntu)
o Clustering (Linux and Windows)
o Virtualization technologies
• Monitor environment, raise and resolve issues, problems and manage changes within the environment.
• Act as an escalation point for all issues and problems.
• Participate in, and at times lead projects to implement and update systems, including the management of budgets associated.
• Manage implementations by 3rd parties, from initial supplier selection, through commercial agreement until final project completion.
• Manage / participate in projects in collaboration with IT Digital, Consumers Solutions, Research and Internal Infrastructure teams to improve systems, processes and quality.
• Provide knowledge transfer to ensure a consistent level of systems understanding is achieved.
• Publish, improve and manage internal I.T. documentation and processes.
• Amazon Web Services
o Provisioning and auto scaling of Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Servers and Resources
o Provisioning and securing of Virtual Private Cloud’s
o Implementation of Security Groups, Identity and Access Management and Access Control Lists (ACL)
o Understanding when and how to use elastic load balancers, network interfaces and internet addresses
o Use of CloudWatch for system monitoring, alerting and performance troubleshooting
o Understanding of Amazon storage offerings
o Able to architect, deploy and manage CloudFormation Stacks for version controlling Infrastructure changes
• Operating Systems
o Microsoft Windows 2008 / 2012
o Linux (Ubuntu)
o Orchestration and Auto-Provisioning of Servers and other Infrastructure Components
o Configuration Management
o Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery
o System Monitoring and Performance Troubleshooting
o Server Virtualisation
• Network and Web Security
o Secure Certification Services, and Certification Management
o DNS Management
o Firewall and Load Balancing Experience
o SQL and noSQL
• Software Development
o Scripting Experience
o Source Control
o Bespoke APIs and Web Services
o Message brokers / MQTT
o Good understanding of development techniques
• Experience of running high volume, ‘live’, consumer facing, environments.
• Understanding of Amazon Web Services.
• Proven track record of delivering projects on time to quality from a resource, task and technical perspective.
• Dedicated to providing customer service and managing relationships.
• Proficient problem solver who is able to understand others agendas and deliver appropriate solutions.
• Confident communicator, via email, telephone and face to face.
• Ability to communicate complex I.T. information to non-technical audience with clarity.
• Strong planning & time management skills.
• Good understanding delivering success in an I.T. function.
• Able to engage the business at all levels to solve problems and implement improvements.
• Ability to deliver under pressure.
• Comfortable working outside of core working hours when necessary to complete the task in hand.