Inside Sales Associate B2B
Dyson US is growing and poised to double its footprint while taking on new categories. And our battle-hungry US team is truly fired up. The Inside Sales Associate is a lead generation role for the For Business (B2B) side of Dyson. This role is responsible for pre-qualifying and scheduling qualified meetings for our outside sales team through targeted outbound and inbound customer-facing engagements. This role is the first step in the sales journey before passing to the field team for completion. The Associate role is perfect for a self-driven and ambitious individual looking to pursue his/her career with an innovative and ambitious global technology companies.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002, and within 24 months, our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. Just west of the city in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 160 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is truly fired up.
The US Dyson Professional Team is a stand-alone group focused on penetrating B2B sectors and ensuring Dyson.
technology becomes the preferred standard. The business supports multiple category outlets, including hand dryers and lighting. The Associate will be responsible for becoming an active subject matter expert across our cross-category business in order to seamlessly manage multiple marketing, sales and product initiatives on a day-to-day basis.
The Chicago office team consists of a small group of passionate people, willing to help in whatever way then can to guarantee the business is successful. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a fast growing team experiencing double digit growth year over year.
Conduct targeted outbound sales calls to potential new customers and book qualified meetings for sales team (75%)
- Execute targeted outbound campaigns via existing Dyson database information, trade events, targets from sales team and purchased data
- Engage and interact with decision makers at a senior level, using appropriate language and communication to build rapport and qualify
- Support assigned Regional Sales Team of 5-6 reps with 25% of overall meetings
- Book appointments for field sales team and update via CRM system – salesforce.com
Handle Inbound inquires via phone and email (25%)
- Handle inbound calls and emails by properly qualifying and entering information into CRM system. Inbound is rotated on a weekly basis amongst the Inside Sales team.
- Targeted meetings per month will be achieved through a mix of Inbound & Outbound activities
Fulfill other duties as required
Special projects as directed by manager
Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
Identify problems and find solutions
Experience and Education
Skills and Competencies
· Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic team player
· Must thrive and be driven by targets/KPIs
· Ability to learn and adapt in an ever-changing and growing environment
· Dynamic, energetic and engaging phone voice
· Ability to influence customers via phone and email
· Must have a customer focus
· Comprehensive IT skills and MS Office skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills, able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to build strong relationships with all types of people
· An innovative thinker who enjoys learning and solving problems
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer.