£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
The primary objective of the Product Insight function within Global Quality & Reliability is to illustrate and predict, through detailed research and analysis, what customer’s perceptions of our products are and will be. The Product Insight Analyst will utilise multiple sources of information to make recommendations to the Product Quality Manager regarding areas of focus both for existing products and those in development.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Recently established, and already proving crucial, the Insight Function within the Global Quality team offers considerable scope for an individual eager for personal growth and wanting to assist in evolving and developing a team in a fast paced, exciting and challenging environment. Focused on a specific product category the Product Insight Analyst is responsible for the provision of actionable insight to directly support the development of future product from concept to market. Through close collaboration within a Global team, and through line management of analysts in the UK, the SPIA will be expected to deliver research programs and initiatives to bring comprehensive knowledge and understanding of consumer perception to the product development process.
- Design and manage a defined set of internal product trials to provide insight to the user perception of products in development & in the market.
- Define core trial requirements with cross functional teams - engineering, reliability, insights.
- Agree appropriate level of trialling to be conducted across relevant people (e.g. beauty junkies) & territories.
- Gather, analyse & report trial survey results through the Category team - include summary recommendations.
INDIRECT CONSUMER INSIGHT
- Utilise multiple data sources to provide information/insight to the category GQM on perception of Dyson & Competitor products. Included (but not exclusive) are Online Reviews, Professional Publications (e.g. Which), Social Media data, YouTube etc.
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, data sources etc.
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the Category teams.
DIRECT CONSUMER INSIGHT
- Utilise existing Dyson customers to extract detailed insight into the use & perception of our products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience.
- Achieve this through survey tools & direct interview (on the phone or face/face).
- Manage work packages using project management techniques to ensure timely delivery of each project.
- Using the appropriate (& pre-agreed) tools generate series of questions to tease out the required insight from consumers e.g. surveys.
- Provide recommendations during the early development of consumer requirements through detailed analysis of consumer/product insight.
- Measure and review product adherence to these requirements.
To be considered for the role you will ideally have the following:
- Experience working within a consumer insight environment
- Excellent organisation and project management skills and the ability to work flexibly
- Able to foresee or understand user behaviour and perception
- Inquisitive and able to spot links and trends in data steams
- Knowledge of question and survey writing and quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence discussions and outcomes
- Excellent presentational skills and the confidence to present to senior managers
- Commercially aware and understand the business implications of analysis and recommendations
- Background in personal care or similar
- Numeric and statistical analysis skills
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate technical discipline
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, with practical examples, each of the skills /competencies and behaviours outlined above
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.