Insight Manager - FTC until December 2018
Competitive + Bonus + 27 days holiday
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
- Be responsible for the delivery of the global brand tracking program and make sure it is embedded into the business.
- Set-up new markets that will be incorporated into the programme for 2018.
- Coach markets and commercial managers in best use of insights to deliver against the Dyson business objectives.
- Work with the Dyson in house media and creative teams so they can understand the success of their advertising campaigns.
- Provide quarterly summaries of results and recommendations into the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Support and guidance of our Insight Executive working on the tracker.
- Good numeracy skills and demonstrable ability to analyse data.
- Resourceful, bright and engaging. Can devise creative ways to deliver insight to a broad range of customers.
- Good at identifying key themes and opportunities and at the right time narrowing down and polishing ideas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in research techniques- experience with setting up and running multi-market projects would be advantageous.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills – able to work with and communicate across all levels of the business.
- Professional/discreet/loyal and diligent/conscientious
- Adaptable, flexible, willing and able to pick things up quickly.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills essential.
Educated to degree level- a numeric discipline would be advantageous (science/ business/ economics/engineering)
MRS/ESOMAR affiliation is desirable but not essential.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.