At Dyson, our internships are about getting hands-on from day one. Not getting bored. In fact, our interns often get to share their ideas with our senior leaders and management.
Dyson opened its new Singapore Technology Centre earlier this year. In this ambitious, top secret centre, some of the world’s brightest engineering minds continually push the boundaries of science & technology. Our HR agenda is equally ambitious, sitting at the centre of Dyson.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we
have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our
new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes
from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre
houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors
laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications
laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to
develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Procurement Department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
- Send CCF templates to Dyson’s approved vendors for request of parts cost breakdown.
- Consolidate and compile the return data/info back from suppliers.
- Create Excel spread sheets to study and compare the cost breakdown.
- Analyse the cost breakdown & flag up the areas of interest to ask suppliers why cost is high (especially for certain parts with duo or more supply base)
- Ability to understand the cost drivers and the analysis the factors that affect cost
- Trigger and send out RFQs (if require) for cost benchmarking with other approved vendors.
- Assess the necessary labour, the expected material cost, and expected labor rates and profit margins to determine should cost.
- PC literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and etc). Good command in MS Excel.
- Preferably undergraduate with knowledge of cost analysis or with engineering background.