Intern (Project Analyst)
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to integrate a flagship company designing and developing market leading products for the global market. The global supply chain team is a key building block and contributor to success of the company. This is where global policies and decisions are being made to manage, control and optimize the entire supply network. It revolves around component sourcing, manufacturing capacity, stocking and forecasting. To achieve our goals we need talented people such as you to join our ranks. You will have the opportunity to work alongside leading specialists, to take an active role in helping Dyson transform its operations to fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors. In this supply chain analyst role, you will have the opportunity to apply your analysis and technical skills to resolve complex supply chain challenges.
Our story begins in 2004 and today we have more than 800 people working in Singapore. The high technology manufacturing facility in West Park produced its 10 millionth motor in July 2015. With an investment of another $100m, we will now be able to increase our motor manufacturing capacity to 11 million a year.
Singapore loves technology so it makes sense for us to have our South-East Asia commercial hub for sales and marketing here. With Dyson’s ambitions in Asia, the dynamic team has the huge job of telling the Dyson story and explaining to potential Dyson owners in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines why they need a Dyson machine in their homes.
Operations at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision making. Ultimately it affects the very design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business. Challenging and diverse, their work creates a dynamic, driven team. Where the ‘next big thing’ relies on their ability to deliver agile, lean solutions as much as the inventiveness of Dyson engineers’ themselves.
- Analyse component sourcing strategies to define an optimum solution which will lower our costs while maintaining high levels of service and a fast response time to markets.
- To support the team in setting up SAP/APO optimizer (a leading supply chain network optimization tool) through master data setup and optimization.
- To find ways of better forecasting market demands by setting up and testing various forecasting models.
- A passion for solving complex problems
- An inquisitive spirit to generate new ideas
- The ability to relate and apply concepts learnt at school to the business environment
- Good understanding of Supply Chain principles
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent Data processing skills, using Excel VBA, SQL, Access, HTML etc.
- Good verbal and written English
- Self-starter, able to work independently
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.