International Commercial Executive (Americas - June 2017 Start)
In the next three years, Dyson will double its footprint in the Americas and grow by 3,000 employees across the globe. To meet our future needs, we’re launching our International Commercial Executive program to prepare recent graduates to be leaders in our business while immersing them in diverse and challenging strategic missions across the organization from day 1.
The program will start in our Americas Headquarters in Chicago, with the expectation of travel to our future hubs in California and New York, and the opportunity for an international rotational placement in another Dyson market across the globe. Mentored by our US Leadership Team and executives in our global HQ, our International Commercial Executives will contribute across our commercial functions (including marketing, finance, and sales) while being challenged with high-profile projects crucial to the future of the Dyson business.
There was a time in our history when all people knew Dyson for was vacuums. But what began with one man and one idea inside a coach house in Wiltshire, has since transformed into a 6,000-strong global technology company spanning multiple product categories and more than 70 countries around the world.
It’s true – a lot has changed at Dyson since the first DC01 rolled off the production line. But some things are the same. The start-up mentality of our early days still runs through Dyson today, led by our Chief Engineer – James himself.
It means that, unlike our rivals, we still take chances. A philosophy that has transformed Dyson from its single association with manufacturing vacuum cleaners in the UK, to the design of revolutionary hand dryers, fans, and lighting on a global scale.
But the transformation of Dyson is far from over. Our technology pipeline stretches 25 years into the future, and will see more new product categories emerge – four by 2020 alone. On top of this, our Americas operation is going through an unprecedented reinvention and is poised to double its footprint and take on new categories.
This rapid expansion – of the machines we design, and the countries where we trade – continues the challenge that our business has faced since its inception: transforming, while always keeping alive the spirit of relentless improvement and obsessive perfectionism that makes Dyson, ‘Dyson’.
We solve problems others ignore. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions, that work, perform and look very different. Changing what we do, but never changing the way we do it.
Innovation at Dyson isn’t limited to our products – and our people across our commercial functions are challenged to solve problems, act boldly, and bring new ideas to the table. Throughout the duration of the program, our International Commercial Executives will be immersed in marketing, sales, and finance functions in Chicago, across the Americas, and around the world. Tasked with real responsibility from day 1, the projects you’ll help lead will determine how fast we’ll grow and how far we’ll go.
As a future leader of our business, you’ll be placed in roles that capitalize on your existing skills and stretch you out of your comfort zone, supported by personal and professional development and mentors to help you achieve success.
The variety of “mission’s” means that no two roles will be alike, but you could expect some of the following responsibilities:
Manage cross functional projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Work collaboratively across the sales and marketing functions to support both new and current product ranges
- Partner with the Global team on all product launches, ensuring that they have the best understanding of your local product area
Inform business decision making process
- Analyze and interpret market data regularly and execute monthly business reports to empower the business with valuable information to make decisions
- Become a product expert. Learn how to communicate Dyson technology to internal teams, retailers and customers
Provide multi-level support to Marketing, Sales, and Finance teams
· Lead special projects or product launches
Develop and execute processes
· Build business cases, supported by data, to help improve processes for our scaling organization.
Develop and manage relationships and processes with internal business partners.
· Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business
· Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence
Fulfill other duties as required
· Take initiative. Relish the opportunity of starting or picking up new work autonomously.
· Fix things that you can see need fixing
· Identify problems and find solutions
Our most successful Dyson employees have more than just academic smarts – and we’ll expect you to have practical knowledge and experience that will help you contribute to our mantra of ‘wrong-thinking’ and doing things better. You’ll also need a head for data and great communication skills. Some experience of a busy, deadline-driven environment would be great. But it’s not vital – we’ll teach you everything you need to know. It’s all about showing a passion for marketing and the Dyson brand.
We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last. In order to be successful, you should:
· Graduate from a 4-year or advanced degree program by the time the program starts in June 2017
· Have held relevant internships or work experience in
· Have an interest in innovation and entrepreneurship
· Be globally-oriented and prepared to move across the country or around the world during the program
· Be change-oriented and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
· Have superb communication and relationship-building skills