International Commercial Executive Programme
£26,500 + £2,000 joining payment - benefits include 27 days holiday + free on-site gym + pension
Global HQ, Malmesbury and International Markets
Home to our global Research, Design and Development (RDD) centre and all of our Commercial functions, the Dyson HQ campus can be found in secluded countryside that helps keep our secrets secret. Having doubled in size in 2016, the campus is now home to new research and development facilities, a new restaurant (home to an English Electric Lightning jet) and a sports facility catering to all Dyson people. Nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
Our building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,500 people, including James himself, spend their days there strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
Our Marketing and Creative teams launch our latest machines to the world, bringing our problem-solving technology to life in engaging ways. Thankfully, we don’t need marketing gimmicks or clichés because we have fact and engineering superiority on our side.
Over two years you’ll be assigned to a variety of international missions. For the first 12 months, you’ll be in our Global HQ getting to grips with our unique culture, understanding the Dyson story and acquiring the skills to blend years of engineering into a marketing strategy. After year one, having shown tenacity and an aptitude to drive Dyson forward, you’ll be raring to head overseas into new markets for the second year.
The variety of ‘missions’ mean that no two roles will be alike; they are dynamic; defined by the business needs as they arise, wherever they’re needed. You could expect some of the following responsibilities:
• Alongside Commercial Manager work with product & performance teams to understand the machine, its technology, benefits & the claims we can make to create product strategy for approval through Creative Review process
• In core Commercial roles, support the Commercial Managers to work with product managers & local markets at 12 months from launch to evaluate the market & communications environment into which new products are launching using this insight to shape the communications execution
• Brief Creative Team to develop proposition book & review regularly with senior creative to ensure compliance with strategy & excellence in execution
• Brief Creative Team to develop campaign kit reviewing regularly in conjunction with senior creative and Commercial Manager
Support Commercial Managers in evaluating projects/ campaigns
• Organise communications audit at first execution stage & post launch issuing details of ways to align with campaign kit & improve integration
Graphics & Packaging assets
• Be the single point of contact for defined product ranges; existing and upcoming
• Efficiently manage Censhare sign offs of retail boxes, marketing literature & onboard graphics
Copy & imagery for relevant category
• Brief copy writers to develop required copy assets for projects
• Create the briefing for any translations required & ensure timely receipt of copy escalating any concerns that arise
• Book creative resources and brief in imagery and rich media assets required working with imagery, film, creative and planning
Each ‘Mission’ will have clear objectives for delivery in a given time period – becoming a product expert, gaining in depth understanding of Dyson technology and bring this to life for consumers as required.
Our expectations are high. You’ll need to have a sharp mind, the ability to think differently and hold a strong academic record – you should have, or be expecting, a 2:1 or above in any subject discipline.
As well as being globally mobile, you’ll be able to network effectively, work autonomously and show resilience. Fluency in additional languages is advantageous, as is international work experience in a busy, deadline-driven environment. Show us a passion for marketing and for Dyson and we’ll teach you the rest.