Inventory Planning Analyst
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials.
The Inventory Analyst position is responsible for the end to end forecasting of Dyson US spare parts, including analysis of the demand plan for refurb, consumer, and repair usage as well as working with our supply chain team in Southeast Asia to ensure they can support our demand in a timely manner.
- Forecast and maintain stock for all spare parts inventory
·Ensure optimal spare parts stock levels are maintained (approximately 4,600 skus) by analyzing the statistical forecast and refurbished vacuum production line demand in SAP’s APO module for a weekly forecast submission.
·Partner with the Dyson refurb Operational and Sales teams to ensure proper spare parts stock levels to meet refurb forecast and production line needs.
·Manage new parts and the parts change process with the UK and US Technical Services teams. This includes reviewing Technical Service Bulletins (TSB’s) and making system updates where required.
·Track parts on backorder, identify the root cause, and determine the quickest, most cost effective method for resolution.
·Partner with the Direct consumer business team to ensure forecast alignment on tools.
·Ensure proper quantities are ordered for items that fall outside of the routine forecast process, such as new sku launches, parts distribution changes, new Dyson Service Center openings, etc.
- Analyze all fixed data components in APO and prepare ad hoc analysis as needed
·Analyze return trends, scrap rates, safety stock, lead times, etc. to ensure proper stock levels are maintained.
·Monitor the cost of parts used on the refurbished vacuum production line and maintain usage rates within APO.
·Take initiative to resolve issues as they arise; develop and execute solutions.
- Provide support for the US 3rd party warehouse (3PL) and the Dyson supply planners in Southeast Asia
·Complete thorough analyses for MOQ/EOL requests, clearly present recommendations to Management, and provide timely feedback to the Southeast Asia supply planners.
·Communicate daily via email with Southeast Asia supply chain team to ensure timely delivery of parts and conduct a bi-weekly conference call for escalated issues.
·Analyze refurb usage reporting with 3PL to ensure the spare parts forecast meets the needs of the refurb production line.
·Provide statistical data and analysis to support the 3PL Quarterly Business Review (QBR).
- Fulfill other duties as needed
·Be a detail oriented, analytical thinker who can thrive in a fast paced environment
·Develop and recommend improvements to current operating procedures
·Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
·Special projects and ad hoc analysis as required
· Bachelor’s degree required – Supply Chain, Operations Management, or Logistics preferred
· 3+ years experience in a supply chain role required, consumer goods organization experience preferred
· Proven experience forecasting, analyzing and resolving inventory related issues
· SAP/APO experience strongly preferred
· Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain (S&OP/IBP, planning, inventory) processes and systems
· Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with trans-continental team
· Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
· Ability to partner effectively with internal and external teams