IoT Security Lead
We are looking for a Security Lead, responsible for the delivery of security best practice and architecture into Dyson's connected products, apps and cloud.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative start up mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2018 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
- Lead a team of security specialists supporting Dyson's IoT Projects, who are responsible for security of Dyson's IoT program, including the 400,000+ IoT Dyson products in customers’ homes.
- Involvement in projects at very early stages, through proving out ideas with prototyping, active research and requirements definition.
- Work closely with various product design teams (embedded design teams, cloud architects, developers, project & release managers) to input into project non-functional and functional requirements.
- Maintain positive engagement and stakeholder support for IoT security to ensure it is understood and supported.
- Act as an ambassador for all thing security and be proactive within security communities both academic and commercial
- Providing pragmatic security guidelines and advice
- Designing security solutions architecture using software engineering best practise – i.e. UML modelling, sequence diagrams etc.
- Conducting impact analysis, through threat modelling, utilising STRIDE and CVSS.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at various levels, including project managers, delivery teams, wider security teams, and risk owners.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Medical & Dental cover
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines