Software Engineer - Java * Backend * AWS
Bristol, BS1 5TE
We’re looking for software engineers to join our Digital tech team, working at the heart of our digital services – e-commerce, internet of things, and plenty more exciting (and secret!) things.
We use a number of different tech stacks – our shiny new e-commerce platform is based on Java (AEM, Hybris, and micro-services); our legacy e-commerce platform is based on .NET (Sitecore).
We’ve also got some Node going on, we use a range of front-end frameworks, and we use AWS for our infrastructure and related services.
Tucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire, but only 15 minutes from the M4 and well connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 4,000 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, it’s an inspirational place to work and the IT Function is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a team of friendly, smart people across development, quality, infrastructure and support. We’re agile - but not in a religious way. Our greenfield projects have fully embraced continuous integration and delivery – but there’s plenty still to do!
- You write code for a living
- You can demonstrate professional-level skill with one or more programming languages, preferably Java
- You pick up new technologies quickly, and you can give us examples
- You’ve worked with other developers before
- You can talk to non-techies without making them scared
- You love solving problems, and won’t give up until you’ve figured out how something works
- We’re especially interested in people who have: line management / mentoring experience; deep domain knowledge of Java; AEM or Hybris experience; knowledge of Spring.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines