Junior Graphic Designer
We need a Junior Creative to work within the team. Reporting to the Creative Head, you’ll work closely within a small team to deliver creative solutions for the Northern Europe business in all areas – POS, Permanent retail, Digital & CRM, Print and everything in between.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard-earned reputation. And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
This role is within the Northern Europe Market Activation Team. You will be part of this fast-paced creative team responsible for all Dyson communications in the GB, Ireland, Benelux and Nordic Markets. The team has a range of roles, across all platforms including print, POS, retail, 3D and exhibition design as well as studio, traffic, and account management.
• Work alongside the rest of the creative team producing a broad mix of communication material (creative and artwork).
• Bringing a fresh perspective to the design output of the team
• Work with Account Management and brief owners to ensure creative is on brief and fit-for-purpose.
• Interpret and challenge briefs when required to ensure that creative solutions are suitable and right for the brand.
• To develop and execute visual communications for Dyson in the Northern Europe market including:
In-store communications, 3D displays, literature, promotions, catalogues, training materials, digital and direct.
• Ensure Dyson Product Campaign Kits are followed when working on new product launches, whilst creating communications that work for the market.
• Working within, and being a guardian of, our global design principles/guidelines.
• To maintain the highest levels of quality in all areas of application – print, typography, layout, photography and illustration – even when under pressure.
• Present creative to stakeholders with relevant, well-structured and well-crafted content that supports the brief.
• Be responsible for own workload to ensure creative is delivered to plan.
• Fulfil other duties as required – relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role,fix things that need fixing and identify problems and find solutions.
You have an obsessive eye for detail, layout and typography. A true ‘visual’ communicator, you’re excited by all things art and design and you find inspiration from a wide range of sources.
• A Graphic Design degree (or equivalent) plus strong typographic skills.
• Experience of working within a Creative environment.
• You must have excellent Mac skills, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Must be able to apply strategic and creative thinking across a broad spectrum of design media.
• Experience of developing, discussing and presenting creative concepts and to be able to clearly articulate rationale and thinking to the wider team.
• Must be able to manage and plan your time to complete work on brief and within tight deadlines.
• Ability to take on board feedback and constructive criticism.
• Ability to see ‘the bigger picture’
Dyson is different. It’s certainly not for everyone. But for those who get the Dyson way, you’ll never look back. And once you’re here, we’ll want to keep you. We keep an eye on the market to ensure you’re well rewarded for a job brilliantly done. And our culture’s something we’re proud of too. Professional development, flexible hours and a relaxed dress code are just some of the other reasons our people join, and stay. We’re confident you won’t be disappointed.