Laboratory Test Technician
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
The Laboratory Test Technician is responsible for performing testing to support test method development and investigative testing to support current and future research projects.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
It takes real ingenuity to find new ways of doing things. Smarter technologies. Lighter, stronger materials. And quieter, cleaner power systems. Our Research & Science teams – scientists, mechanical engineers and specialists across each of product category – are the experimenters and risk-takers behind Dyson problem-solving. Whether it’s in-house development, sourcing outside technology partners, or driving collaboration with partner universities, we lead the way in finding the next generation of Dyson technology. Which is why anyone can find themselves presenting to James Dyson himself.
The Laboratory Test Technician will will be responsible for generating data and reporting results to the team along with giving recommendations on how to improve methods leading to best practice. The role will also include:
- Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable & precise data as part of scientific investigations
- Preparation of materials and samples as required for testing
- Ensuring the laboratories are correctly stocked and maintained (including equipment) to enable testing & prototyping
- Recording and analysis of test results to present to senior colleagues
- Qualified or experienced in a science discipline
- Experience in a practical science role involving laboratory work, test methods or related disciplines
- Passion for science and problem solving in a product development context, experience in commercial R&D would be advantageous
- Able to execute experimental programs and complete analysis of the results, summarising findings and making recommendations
Can demonstrate knowledge of good laboratory practice including documentation.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.