Lead Business Analyst
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Reporting to the Business Analyst Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Heading up a single work stream.
- Managing analysis activity in order to elicit requirements and inform business decisions.
- Leading on the implementation and enhancement of information systems of varying size and complexity in line with business need. Ensuring benefits realisation.
- Managing analysts and identification, implementation and development of multiple information systems of varying size in line with business need.
- Working with other leads, managers and heads of departments to lead the work of others in area to deliver new information systems or enhancements.
- Providing direct and indirect leadership to all BA’s working within work stream.
- Devising and planning analysis approach for large-scale projects.
- Conducting 121’s with direct reports, providing coaching and mentoring.
- Acting as an internal consultant and SME to business stakeholders.
- Reviewing other’s work products ensuring appropriate quality.
- Providing specialist advice on subject to multiple senior stakeholders on very complex issues.
Core Competencies (SFIA):
Business analysis - BUAN
- Takes full responsibility for business analysis within a significant segment of an organisation where the advice given and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organisation. Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, defining strategies, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases, overseeing development and implementation of solutions, taking into account the implications of change on the organisation and all stakeholders. Guides senior management towards accepting change brought about through process and organisational change. •
Requirements definition and management - REQM
- Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required. Selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative. Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required. Obtains formal agreement from a large and diverse range of potentially senior stakeholders and recipients to the scope and requirements, plus the establishment of a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence. Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope. Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a programme or project.
Relationship management - RLMT
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. (For example, may oversee the organisation's promotional/selling activities to one or more clients, to ensure that such activities are aligned with corporate marketing objectives). Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organisational policy and strategies are adhered to. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
Business process improvement - BPRE
- Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components. Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organisational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change programme. Establishes client requirements for the implementation of significant changes in organisational mission, business functions and process, organisational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery.
Business modelling – BSMO
- Produces models in support of business strategy. Has in-depth knowledge of a broad range of industry-wide modelling techniques. Advises on the choice of techniques and approach and influences customers accordingly. Capable of developing bespoke models for unusual contexts. Responsible for planning and co-ordinating team modelling activities and for ensuring the quality of work.
Benefits management – BENM
- Promotes the change programme vision to staff at all levels of the business operation, brings order to complex situations, and keeps a focus on business objectives. Works with senior people responsible for the line business operation, to ensure maximum improvements are made in the business operations as groups of projects deliver products into operational use. Maintains the business case for funding the programme and confirms continuing business viability of the programme at regular intervals.
Organisation Design & Implementation – ORDI
- Conducts business impact assessment to identify how the changes from the "as-is" processes, systems, and structures to the "to-be" processes, systems and structures impact specific organisations and roles. Outlines how the organisation structure, jobs, teams and roles and staff development need to change to enable the future business processes. Aligns existing jobs/organisational structures to new processes.
Consultancy – CNSL
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- At least 5 years of broad practical experience in equivalent roles, leading high performing business analysis in a variety of complex situations.
- Business Knowledge requirements will depend on the team the LBA is leading in; for example, a LBA deployed to a finance team may require some SME finance knowledge.
- Ability to see the overall picture and how individual actions fit within it.
- Ability to identify techniques to use and what influences the usage of the various techniques for the tasks.
- Possess a strong business acumen.
- Relevant professional qualifications; including either: BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or IIBA Level 3 Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
- Experience of working in matrix structures, with cross functional teams and operating under both line reporting and project task managers.
- Experience of working in agile / scrum framework environments.
- Good knowledge of AEM, Hybris and SAP.
- In-depth specialist knowledge gained through professional experience and/or industry qualifications such as the BCS Advance International Diploma.