Security DevSecOps Engineer
£Competitive plus 27 Days holiday, bonus, pension
Bristol or Malmesbury
Dyson are looking for an experienced DevSecOps Engineer to complement our security function and enhance our security response capability. This is a rare opportunity to work across Cloud and Mobile App functions, in an organisation which is security-led.
This role can be based out of our Bristol Tech Hub or our Malmesbury HQ.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative startup mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2018 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
The culture in Dyson is one of inclusivity with security embedded as a key resource within AGILE teams. This culture promotes creativity and the development of ideas which is actively encouraged and supported. As a key subject matter expert, you will quickly become a key contributor to improving the security of the Connected cloud and protecting Dyson’s reputation for engineering excellence. The pursuit of research into emerging areas of security (e.g. artificial intelligence and behavioural protection) is actively encouraged and supported within working hours.
- Work with security research, cloud and embedded engineers to understand and respond to threats facing the Dyson IOT cloud.
- Assist with building security tooling to support pre-commit, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment through to production.
- Support the development of security operations for monitoring, testing, audit and compliance of the Connected/IoT programme.
- Assist the Infrastructure team in improving platform availability using automated protection mechanisms.
- Work across a broad landscape of languages from a security perspective to support mobile, cloud and embedded teams.
- Act as the point of contact for all security queries within your designated scrum team/s.
- Carry out hands-on and time sensitive security delivery work within your designated scrum team/s.
- Design, coordinate and oversee security testing to verify the security of systems and cloud applications and drive the remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Ability to support the test practice to sign off functionality from a security perspective and give the go-ahead for production.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at various levels, including project managers, delivery teams, wider security teams, and risk owners.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key IT, business, and supplier contacts.
- Experience of previously working in a DevSecOps role
- Expert knowledge of security tools, techniques and implementation
- Knowledge of one or more cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of applicable global regulations (e.g. Data Protection Act, GDPR, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience of developing reference security features or prototypes
- Active participant in AGILE including security as code prior to the release of production services
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.