Lead Cyber Security Architect - Hardware and Software
This is a broad role which combines setting direction with hands-on implementation. It will include the following:
- Define the cyber security architecture including setting overall vision and direction.
- Document, prototype and implement security architecture.
- Work alongside electronics hardware and software engineers and with IT, acting as the security advisor and providing guidance on security architecture.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge on best practices for design of secure systems, latest threats and countermeasures by reading industry communications and attending events.
- Plan and implement the security test strategy.
- Work with third parties to challenge our secure design principles, for example through independent reviews, penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Sciences or similar.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on software development experience including embedded software.
- Minimum 2 years of experience specifically in design and architecture of secure systems. A background in connected products is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of a range of network and wireless communications technologies, for example physical Ethernet, 3G / 4G, 802.11, etc.
- Demonstrated successful security platform design and implementation.
- Good understanding of software and hardware threats and weaknesses
- Completely up to date with latest developments and best practices in the field. This will include knowledge of: design principles for secure connected products, standards, assessment of vulnerabilities and threats, cryptographic methods for combined hardware / software system e.g. symmetric and asymmetric encryption, certificate and key management, etc.
As well as these technical competencies, by taking ownership and playing a pivotal role in our growing team you will display the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast pacing environments with a Can Do attitude (no challenge is too difficult)
- Hands on - Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent