Lead Engineer - Suspension
The Engineer will lead creation of Suspension systems (including sub-frame, control arms, springs & dampers) design concepts and progress development through to engineering release, working to the program milestones and timing. This includes integrating with the product team in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude with a desire to deliver quality, robust and innovative solutions. Presenting to management to help guide development of the product as required.
- Create assembly designs utilising the latest technology, construction and manufacturing techniques and materials.
- Own component and sub-systems and ensure requirements and target specifications for function; cost, weight and investment are achieved.
- Create and release parts to production intent designs, global regulations and standards. Optimise and validate designs with simulation, liaising with CAE engineers and using real world tools.
- Support writing system and component level validation test methods.
- Support test, development, validation and build events.
- Work within the team and with other functional areas (both internally and externally) to ensure system integration and compatibility.
- Support CAD releases and reviews to program milestones.
- Resolve virtual and physical build issues.
- Generation of proposals and reports.
- Supplier liaison and project management for your parts and sub-systems. •Liaising with chassis module owners, CAD/package engineers and FE/design engineers required for carrying out the above tasks on a regular basis.
- Engineering knowledge of chassis/braking systems, function, performance and manufacturing requirements.
- Proven experience of development from concept to production.
- Competency with Siemens NX CAD & TeamCentre would be favourable.
- PC literacy, MS Project, excel, power point, word etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Automotive industry / Tier-1 consultancy experience
- Knowledge of systems best practices, materials and manufacturing requirements
- Experience of FMEA and methodical problem resolution.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).