Lead Mobile Developer
As the Lead mobile Developer you will join the team building our mobile app, whish is used to control and support millions of Dyson machines.
Dyson are a company renowned for our engineering prowess. We have recently embarked on a range of internet connected products including our 360 Eye™ robot vacuum cleaner and Pure Cool Link™ purifier. Our mobile app, Dyson Link, is one of the key components in providing greater intelligence, understanding, and control to our connected devices. We are passionate about building a mobile app that matches the same high standards as the rest of Dyson’s engineering team.
Dyson Link, as well as being developed to support our existing machines, is being re-engineered from scratch in order to support Dyson’s significant aspirations and expansion into many new domains. The re-engineering has allowed us to adopt many recent mobile trends including Swift and Reactive programming to build a system far easier to extend and maintain.
The mobile team responsible for working on this platform operate across four sites including Bristol and Malmesbury in the UK as well as Singapore and Shanghai. We are building a strong internal mobile community to share knowledge and continually develop our engineers.
- Designing, architecting and developing features for Dyson Link, ensuring they are robust, scalable and easy to use
- Line managing a team of mobile developers
- Work with wider team of TPOs, Scrum Masters, Cloud developers, testers, UX/UI, electronic and embedded engineers
- Help mentor other members of the team
- Identify new technologies and tools to continually improve standards
- Native mobile development in iOS and Android (Swift, Java, Objective-C)
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Strong knowledge of Reactive functional programming (RxSwift, RxJava, etc)
- Proven ability to design and architect mobile apps with IoT experience
- Experience with leading and line-managing development teams
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent