UX Research Lead
- We are looking for a passionate UX Research Lead to join our talented team of digital designers and engineers in Malmesbury and Bristol.
- You will be working on exciting new digital projects that bring together our latest technology and designs.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor
The Connected team works closely with the RDD department and is responsible for digital innovation within our connected machines program. The team comprises of four different areas (UX/UI, Technology, Connected Features and Commercial), which work collaboratively together to deliver seamless consumer experiences that instil consumer understanding of and confidence in the machines, distinct commercial benefits to the business, and ultimately enhance Dyson’s reputation as a leading technology company.
Your role will be primarily to develop a programme of research and testing to inform digital experience and interface design, working with both internal teams and external partners. We want you to help us further develop our culture of user-centered design practice. You will be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of an agile team.
You must be able to show us examples of projects where you have successfully used quantitative and qualitative research techniques to inform design decisions. You must have excellent presentation skills and be able to deliver reports that inspire designers and partners. In addition to research, you will be expected to have experience of making design recommendations for a variety of mobile apps and websites. And have had experience of taking designs from concept to delivery.
- Worked as part of an agile delivery team
- Usability testing
- Journey mapping
- Surveys and analysis
- Behavioural studies
- Information Architecture and supporting research methods
- Analytics (e.g. Google, Appsee, Adobe)
- Accurate estimation of time and budgets
- Use of Sketch, prototyping software (such as Flinto, Axure)
- Adobe Indesign, Photoshop
- Wire flows and prototyping
- International research
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines