Lead user experience designer - IoT/Connectivity/Cloud
The candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of user-centred design and behavioural principles. They will have proven experience with all parts of the design process: user research, concept development, cross-channel experience design, information architecture, prototyping, detailed interaction design and user testing. Ideally they will have some experience in developing connected products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating use cases, information architecture, site/system maps to capture requirements and project vision
- Creating flows and wireframes
- Conducting user research
- Creation and administering of user tests
- Rapid, iterative low and high fidelity prototyping
- Coming up with ideas and concepts, presenting various interface options
- Creating mockups, flow diagrams and wireframes
- Provide UX/UI subject matter expertise and develop design strategies during project planning phases
- Lead user-focused activities with business sponsors and end users to define design direction
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings on design rationale
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Design Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 8 years experience in UX design with a focus on digital (mobile preferred).
- Experience in UX design for connected products would be advantageous
- Experience with industry standard UX and Service design tools, including user journeys, customer experience maps, service blueprints, site / app maps, task flows, prototypes and wireframes
- Experience designing for multiple devices
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research, including interviews, ethnography, mystery shopping, surveys and diary studies.
- Experience user testing concepts and products in varying levels of fidelity.
- A strong understanding of Interaction Design and Usability
- Design of large, complex systems of interactions
- Design of back-office systems
As well as these technical competencies, by taking ownership and playing a pivotal role in our growing team you will display the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast pacing environments with a Can-Do attitude (no challenge is too difficult). Exposure to and enthusiasm for Agile approaches to software development would be an advantage.
- Hands on
- Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent