Legal Compliance and Ethics Counsel EMEA
£50,000 - £65,000 + Bonus, Pension, 27 days holiday, Onsite Gym
Counsel is required to support Dyson’s new global Legal Compliance and Ethics function in EMEA.
This new function has a vision - “A global compliance and ethics function focused on empowering Dyson and its people to do the right thing while enabling robust and sustainable business growth” - we need you to help us achieve this vision.
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson learnt an early lesson in the value of legal might, winning a gruelling battle against Hoover when it infringed our early cyclone technology patents. Our in-house legal teams have been at the forefront of Dyson ever since. From the information security experts and IP teams doggedly protecting our ideas. To the commercial lawyers and procurement specialists who solve our toughest business challenges across the world.
This role requires a bright, tenacious and pro-active individual to help build out Dyson’s global Legal Compliance and Ethics function within EMEA, and provide the business with advice in respect of legal compliance and ethics risk areas. This is a role that provides an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and make a real contribution as part of a dynamic, global and passionate team.
What we will need you to do:
- Collaborate with the Head of Legal Compliance and Ethics and the functional team to engineer and implement effective strategies to achieve our vision.
- Build strong relationships with all functions across the EMEA region and at Group.
- Support and conduct legal compliance and ethics investigations.
- Provide expert and solution focussed advice across the range of compliance and ethics risks helping the business to navigate complex issues and do the right thing.
- Provide input into the creation of Policies Procedures and Guidance and a governance structure for their creation.
- Devise and deliver training programmes.
- Maintain an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of developments within the legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Manage external counsel where appropriate, ensuring compliance with Dyson’s cost management processes.
- Travel within the EMEA region.
This is what we need you to have:
- A demonstrable commitment to professionalism, pride and integrity in all aspects of your work.
- A passion for legal compliance and ethics
- A good understanding of legal compliance and ethics risk areas.
- Intellectual agility and confidence to learn quickly on the job and therefore deal with issues outside your current experience and skill set.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them.
- Confidence to work autonomously.
- Courage to challenge individuals irrespective of seniority.
It would be helpful if you also had some of these:
- The ability to communicate in a business environment in French, German and/or Spanish.
- Experience of leading compliance and ethics investigations.
- Excellent awareness of the role and position of a compliance and ethics function within a multi-national business.
- Previous involvement with project and change management.
- Skilled in creating Policies Procedures and Guidance and input into building a governance structure for their creation
- Experience of working within a global team.
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise in one or more of the following risk areas:
- - Competition/Anti-Trust
- - Sanctions and Trade Controls
- - Data Protection and Privacy