In-house Legal Counsel (New Projects & Regulatory)
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum + bonus + pension + private medical and dental + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
We have an exciting new position for an in-house commercial lawyer to become part of an engaged team committed to enabling Dyson’s continued commercial success.
- Providing support on pre-launch product issues for commercial, marketing, sales and the Research, Design and Development area, with a particular emphasis on regulatory and advertising issues;
- Providing support on pre-launch product issues to the wider global legal team;
- Advising on pre-launch advertising substantiation and testing plans;
- Reviewing pre-launch marketing claims to analyse the risk of legal challenge/reputational impacts, including assessing scientific evidence for the support of claims
- Supporting global advertising disputes (for and against the business) with the in market legal teams;
- Providing advice and support on consumer related issues and regulatory matters;
- Providing training on advertising and regulatory areas for commercial, marketing, sales and the Research, Design and Development area;
- Liaising and providing legal support to the Global Head of Regulatory and Packaging on regulatory projects; and
- Liaising with and providing legal support to the Global Quality and Reliability Director on compliance projects.
- Have a solid background in commercial and/or regulatory law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way;
- Have worked in the health and wellbeing sector;
- Have strong drafting skills and experience of contract negotiation;
- Have good awareness of the role of the legal function in a large business and have the ability to contribute actively in the taking of key business decisions;
- Have an appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and technical ability to deal with issues outside of their experience and learn quickly on the job;
- Be able to work with a minimum level of supervision in a fast paced, constantly changing but supportive environment;
- Have experience or interest in design and engineering and an aptitude to learn to understand technical discussions;
- Have the confidence and gravitas to challenge decisions and actions when required; and
- Be a skilled communicator and capable of interacting with the business at all levels (including the Executive Team), to build effective relationships and earn credibility across the business.