Reporting to the Head of Global Logistics, this role interacts externally with Contract Manufacturers, carriers and freight forwarders together with internal commercial, finance, operations, planning & legal functions.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Global Logistics and IBP team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex logistics operation. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
What will you do...
- Responsible for budgeting, RFQ preparation & management, & provider performance management to meet costs and service level targets.
- Manage freight rates with Contract Manufacturers and other suppliers, including the freight billing process and support issues resolution.
- Simplify rates management and reporting, freight market analytics and rates benchmarking and identification and implementation of service and costs opportunities.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to drive efficient logistics operations.
What you should have...
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering.
- At least 8 years experience in a similar capacity, preferably, from a fast paced consumer goods/electronics environment.
- Proven track record in freight sourcing and management, either in shipper/3PL environment.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Proficient in SAP.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll have comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a directorship at Dyson. New opportunities abound in a dynamic, creative environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition..