Senai, Johor Bahru
As part of the recent restructuring of the logistics activities into one function, an increased focus on operations improvement, automation, and supplier relationship and activity leverage is anticipated.
This role will be the team lead for the group of logistics executives in the Malaysia, which will look liaise closely with the planning team and the CM’s for the shipment of finished goods to the (overseas) markets.
This is teamlead role, as a first level of escalation within Dyson as well with our Freight Forwarders and carriers, specifically with the local representatives.
The role will be based in the Johor Bahru and will interact closely with the planning & logistics teams both in the Philippines and Malaysia. The role will support the Head of Logistics in it’s interactions with the markets on their imminent shipment needs and to loop back improvements on expediting hot sku’s from Origin, support the savings agenda for the category by identifying and implementing (simple) savings initiatives with and on behalf of the global logistics team.
Key activities include, to support the team in any day to day requirements, performance management of suppliers, build relationships with Contract Manufactures , drive the SAP/ EDI / Elementum ( interface) agenda, and any other improvement projects that are being identified for drive for efficient logistics operations, and cost down.
This role is to run the logistics operations ex Malaysia in a pro-active and can-do manner, and is therefore looking for a strong profile to further build the space together with the Head of Logistics.
A self-starter, that requires limited supervision, but has the ability to escalate and communicate, build relationships internally and externally
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be
Procurement at Dyson plays a vital role in strategic decision making. Ultimately it affects the very design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business. In the balance between quality and price, quality must always win. So our global team needs to be rigorous in selection. Meticulous in determining standards, researching suppliers, analysing value and negotiating contracts. Challenging and diverse, their work creates a dynamic, driven team. Where the ‘next big thing’ relies on their ability to deliver agile, lean solutions as much as the inventiveness of Dyson engineers’ themselves.
- Logistic operations: lead a team of 5, to further grow potentially
- Build relationships with Contract Manufacturers and Freight Forwarders, and act as liaison between our CM and the Dyson Supply Chain for any escalations of team matters when it comes to Sea or Air freight shipments
- Ability to resolve and escalate critical issues as a 1st level of escalation
- Review of Specific KPI’s to ensure that they meet the requirements of the business as it continues to evolve
- Engage with shipping partners, looking back over performance and forward, towards continuous improvement plans and strategies short term and long term
- Lead monthly operational performance reviews between Dyson and shipping partners, ensuring minutes and actions are followed up and closed where appropriate
- Maintain and develop logistics processes to ensure a clear definition and ownership of tasks across departments and organisations
- Act as a source of knowledge to the Global Operations and Logistics team by keeping up to date with market trends on freight rate and carrier service
- Dealing with freight quotes either on an ad hoc or more structured tender fashion
- Systems - SAP / EDI / Elementum
- Process/ continuous improvement
- Lead projects and savings opportunities,
Key Skills / Experience
- Minimal Bachelor degree, ideally in Business Administration, with a supply chain differentiation
- Experience of working in a multi-national / multi-lingual teams minimum 6yrs, either in a logistics role or with a freight forwarder
- Energy, integrity, positive attitude, self-directed
- Personal drive, delivers strong operational results and specific projects under pressure
- Communicative, and able to build cross-functional relationships
- Set structure, drive data analysis with team to support the category
- Analytical skills are a must to drive cost down, organise (ad-hoc) quotes, support (simple) negotiations
- Customs documentation awareness preferable
- Negotiation / procurement experience preferably
- SAP knowledge is preferable
- Commercial bias
- Leading others
- Excellent understanding of Supply Chain Dynamics
- Excellent communication skills in English written and verbal
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.