MES (Manufacturing Execution System) Specialist
Senai, Johor- Malaysia
This position is responsible for launching, supporting, enhancing and testing MES applications used in SEA. The analyst will primarily be working with shop floor application. This position requires the ability to understand business processes and the sharp problem solving skills to support systems.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Our Digital IT team is one of the company’s fastest growing functions. Spanning across Dyson’s presence online, transactional capabilities, customer care, marketing support and the front and back office technology that makes Dyson work, it is the nerve centre of Dyson. The team spans many specialities from Technical to Business Analysis and Testing. Crucially, as we look to drive future growth by increasing direct sales, dyson.com becomes our most vital global sales channel. Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability.
Main Accountabilities and Supporting Activities:
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the MES implementation, including reports.
- Coordinates and works on multiple cross-functional base work initiatives and projects.
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies
- Participates in short- and long-term planning efforts with stakeholders and IT groups.
- Develops cost/time estimates.
- Documents discussion and agreements.
- Works with project managers to coordinate and plan project tasks and resources.
- Works with project teams to understand business needs.
- Works with engineers to understand technical requirements.
- Participates in business requirements meetings as needed.
- Communicates events to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership.
- To provide an excellent support service to users locally onsite with regard to MES issues
- Quickly identify and resolve incidents related to Windows, MS SQL, MES Applications or Network related
- Contribute to the knowledgebase for the service – writing new articles and updating existing ones to ensure maximum resolution efficiency of incidents and changes.
- Processes and Work Instructions: Contribute updates and improvements to key MES documentation and training material.
- Any other duties as required for the service.
- Required to record, log and progress user requests.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.