£27,000-£33,000 + 24 days holiday plus bank holidays + 15% shift allowance +free onsite gym
The Dyson buildings in Malmesbury and surrounding areas require a dedicated team for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance. The team has a variety of competencies which enable them to carry out Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health building services improvements as well as manage the specialist subcontractors we engage with.
The team fully supports the day-to-day priorities that are the nature of our service with tasks ranging from the very technical to the sometimes menial. Each team member will approach these tasks with equal enthusiasm and professionalism.
We require a candidate to integrate into a relatively small team with the following personal attributes:
• Initiative and Proactivity – Ability to pre-empt problems and proactively take measures to mitigate any loss of system functionality.
• Drive for results - Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
• Concern for accuracy - Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality.
• Attitude - Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
• Communication - Ability to effectively communicate and converse with colleagues, contractors and customers.
• Planning and Organising - Able to develop a clear, efficient and logical approach to work.
• Flexibility - Willing to adapt thinking, behavior and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists colleagues with their requests and is willing to work collaboratively to deliver results.
• Teamwork - Shows the willingness to put the goals of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
he following competencies and qualifications are the minimum requirements of a candidate:
• A minimum of 5 years’ work experience within a maintenance team in a commercial/industrial environment.
• Electrical competency to IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (C&G) and/or Registered ‘Gas Safe’ Competency for Natural Gas systems (Installation and Testing).
• IPAF and PASMA qualifications for powered access equipment and scaffold access equipment.
• A comprehensive understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health building services.
• Basic IT literacy with the ability to compose emails (Outlook), schedule activities/equipment (Excel) and comprehend specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows).
• An understanding of health and safety minimum standards with the ability to contribute to the continuing improvement of a safe system of work.
• Candidates must be physically able to carry out relatively hazardous tasks (eg. working at height) and be willing to work 12 hour shifts on a 4-on/4-off shift pattern 365 days a year (including weekends and public holidays). Candidates may also be required to be on-call for out of hour’s emergency response.
• Full UK driving license with no endorsements.
The following competencies are not essential but desirable from a candidate:
• Fabrication skills including experience with Oxy-Acetylene or Arc-Welding kits.
• Ability to use fixed machine tools such as lathes, pillar drills, milling and turning tools.
• Ability to use portable machine tools such as drills, grinders, reciprocating saws and crimpers.
• Practical experience with pipework installations such as galvanized screwed, mild steel screwed, copper brazed or crimped, modern press-fit systems and plastics.
• IOSH or equivalent Health and Safety training.
• Recognised First Aid training.
• Other practical skills such as carpentry, joinery, plastering and decorating.