£20,900 - £34,000 per annum +15% shift allowance + bonus + pension + free onsite gym
The Dyson buildings in Malmesbury and surrounding areas require a dedicated team for planned, preventative and reactive maintenance. The team has a variety of competencies which enable them to carry out Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health building services improvements as well as manage the specialist subcontractors we engage with.
The team fully supports the day-to-day priorities that are the nature of our service with tasks ranging from the very technical to the sometimes menial. Each team member will approach these tasks with equal enthusiasm and professionalism.
The shift pattern will involve working 12 hour shifts on a 4-on/4-off shift pattern 365 days a year (including weekends and public holidays). You may also be required to be on-call for out of hour’s emergency response.
- Working as part of the Maintenance Team responsible for carrying out planned and adhoc work for the whole of Dyson site.
- Fault finding and identifying areas for continuous improvements and projects onsite
- Driving best practise and a right first time work ethic
The following competencies and qualifications are the minimum requirements of a candidate:
- Work experience within a maintenance team in a commercial/industrial environment.
- Mechanical competency to Registered ‘Gas Safe’ Competency for Natural Gas systems (Installation and Testing).
- HVAC accredited qualifications equivalent to NVQ Level 3.
- IPAF and PASMA qualifications for powered access equipment and scaffold access equipment.
- A comprehensive understanding of Mechanical and Public Health building services.
- Basic IT literacy with the ability to compose emails (Outlook), schedule activities/equipment (Excel) and comprehend specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows).
- An understanding of health and safety minimum standards with the ability to contribute to the continuing improvement of a safe system of work.
- Candidates must be physically able to carry out relatively hazardous tasks (eg. working at height) and be willing to work 12 hour shifts on a 4-on/4-off shift pattern 365 days a year (including weekends and public holidays). Candidates may also be required to be on-call for out of hour’s emergency response.
- Full UK driving license with no endorsements.
The following competencies are not essential but desirable from a candidate:
- Fabrication skills including experience with Oxy-Acetylene or Arc-Welding kits.
- Ability to use fixed machine tools such as lathes, pillar drills, milling and turning tools.
- Ability to use portable machine tools such as drills, grinders, reciprocating saws and crimpers.
- Practical experience with pipework installations such as galvanized screwed, mild steel screwed, copper brazed or crimped, modern press-fit systems and plastics.
- IOSH or equivalent Health and Safety training.
- Recognised First Aid training.
- Other practical skills such as carpentry, joinery, plastering and decorating.