Based in our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility at Pioneer Crescent, you will report to the Senior Manager. You will lead and manage a team towards ensuring all highly automated production equipment are in optimal condition and develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets within the approved maintenance budget.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Lead and manage a team towards ensuring all highly automated production equipment are in optimal condition and develop the necessary technical competencies and equipment capabilities to meet operational performance targets within the approved maintenance budget
- Establish plans and strategies to meet and surpass manufacturing performance indices (eg Downtime, MTTR, MTBF, etc), set targets/goals and projects for the section to minimize scrap, asset cost per unit
- Manage preventive maintenance & calibration. Ensure all equipment performance is monitored and recorded for continuous improvement and reliability
- Provide guidance and training to the team in order to enhance the effectiveness of trouble shooting and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure smooth startup of new equipment together with manufacturing engineers and equipment vendors
- Establish all equipment specifications, troubleshooting and PM procedures, and ensure their compliance with corporate & regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and spare parts suppliers continuously to develop new methods to achieve low cost maintenance system and cost excellence
- Manage equipment servicing contracts with suppliers.
- Lead and drive the team to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality, utilisation & productivity using Six-Sigma or similar applicable methodology such as Cpk, FMEA, TPM, Lean, etc.
- Maintain & manage the spare parts inventory, auto ordering and consumption within cost budget
- Minimise equipment downtime with Best-In-Class indices for OEE, MTBF, Yield, etc.
- Execute effective PM & production line support.
- Develop a competent technical support team & minimize reliance on equipment suppliers technical support.
- Possess a Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics or equivalent engineering discipline
- Come with a minimum 8 - 10 years working experience in the field of Maintenance and Equipment Engineering with at least 3 years in a supervisory position
- Be proficiency in automated equipment troubleshooting techniques and preventive maintenance methodology
- Have good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Be able to read and understand mechanical blueprints and electronic schematics
- Have strong problem-solving & analytical skills with good knowledge in Cpk & statistics.
- Have good leadership/presentation/communication/team building skills to manage a team of at least 50 personnel
- Be self motivated, hands on and good team player
- Be able to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively to identify issues and propose solutions and to design and implement effective systems, processes and information/reporting mechanisms
You will have an advantage if you have experience with servo motors, pneumatics, Staubli robots, Siemens PLC and/or Labview software