£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
• Analysis of monthly performance to feed into Group reporting requirements.
• Partnering cost centre managers to understand monthly variations to the forecast, and to build knowledge regarding future activity.
• Understand and, where appropriate, challenge the level of activity and drivers of cost within RDD.
• Support the Category Directors in understanding spend in their categories.
• Work with overseas RDD operations to produce / understand combined results.
• Complete month-end procedures including accruals, prepayments and cost allocations.
• Track and forecast our monthly capital investment costs within RDD, as well as challenging and analysing any capital proposals that are put forward for approval.
• Provide support and take financial ownership of Dyson’s connected-products development project.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
• Understand the Purchase Order processing function to provide training and guidance to users, and resolve any issues.
• Support the RDD Head of Finance as required.
Qualified accountant – likely to have no more than 3-4 years’ PQE
Management accounting and analysis experience would be desirable, but not essential.
Excellent academic background
Working knowledge of Excel
Previous experience of SAP and OneStream would be advantageous but not essential.
Previous exposure to an engineering environment would be beneficial but not essential.
None specifically required but languages are an advantage in the Dyson global environment
Pro-active and flexible in approach, with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills in order to meet deadlines and to accommodate critical tasks.
Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
Able to identify and challenge the key drivers of cost within a function
Able to summarise key points and issues succinctly
Able to build effective working relationships with other departments and areas of Finance
Able to grasp non-financial concepts
High levels of integrity