Manufacturing Application Support Analyst
An Infrastructure Technical Engineer role has responsible for day-to-day IT backend operations and collaborate with Global Infrastructure Team led projects.
Dyson are undertaking an exciting programme of IT projects designed to radically improve business performance through the implementation of new Business Applications, underlying Infrastructure and IT Service. This programme includes global change projects such as the implementation of new Information Management solutions as well as local initiatives to improve day to day business operations.
The candidate will also need to support IT Infrastructure for multiple site within Singapore Offices that include managing Active Directory Domains, Exchange email system, HP and DELL Servers running Windows Server 2008/2012, VMware Hypervisor, IT Security (Firewall) and network infrastructure (WANs, LANs and WLAN). Also to provide 3rd line support to the IT Service Delivery Team.
- Managed and monitor production IT infrastructure system, such as server resource and network security
- Proactively ensure highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Hands on to assist the infrastructure team in project management and implementation
- Work closely with NPI and Automation team for new production line
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Handle procurement for IT equipment and related services
- Support production equipment, tester and others related to network connectivity
- Create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation
- Occasionally after office hour remote support (network related)
- 1st & 2nd line service desk support
- Act as the Singapore member of a global Infrastructure implementation team.
- Participate in, and at times lead Infrastructure based projects to implement new systems and technologies.
- Involvement with implementations by 3rd parties, from initial supplier selection, through commercial agreement until final project completion.
- Participate in projects to improve systems, processes and service delivery quality within the team, department and wider business.
- Liaise and if required escalate with team to provide knowledge transfer to ensure a consistent level of systems understanding is achieved.
- Publish, improve and manage internal I.T. documentation.
- At least 5 years experience working in an manufacturing IT infrastructure delivery and support role.
- Degree in IT / Computing.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic personality, combining flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Effective interpersonal skills essential to maintaining good working relationships and empathy with both technical and non-technical staff, including the ability to communicate well with a wide variety of users, of very differing levels of IT skills.
- Commitment to constant quality improvement.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to produce technical documentation when required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange 2010, VMware, Server room operations, MES
- Networking Technologies - TCP/IP, Routers, Firewalls, VPN, WAN.
- Strong hardware experience including configuration of servers essential and wireless network experience desirable.
- Working experience with Cisco Network Equipment (Desirable)
- MCSE Qualified (Desirable)
- CCNA Qualified (Desirable)
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance, and shift and transport allowances. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and voluntary workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition