SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering team reporting directly to Manufacturing Engineering team in the UK and working within Research Design and Development areas. The candidate will work from conceptualizing automated manufacturing solutions to the current product design, validation and continuing support after mass production. He will also be responsible in leading projects within specific budget and timeline and managing software changes required due to product revisions, alterations and new variant introductions. The candidate will be working extensively with cross-functional teams and require to travel within Asia and the UK as and when needed.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of automated manufacturing technology, particularly equipment for the manufacture and assembly of digital motors.
- Design and development of manufacturing methodology and equipment for new products and sub-assemblies.
- Project management for delivery of new automation lines and facilities
- Support RDD Validation prior to implementation of new product and processes
- Drive the production operation efforts to improve product reliability and quality, through the constant assessment and refinement of manufacturing processes.
- Lead the product transfer and implementation of digital motors manufacturing line
- Facilitate sourcing of equipment and liaising with key equipment suppliers to produce and install production equipment to the correct standards and efficiency level in world class facilities.
- Perform key PLC program modification & improvement of existing line programs & software
- Interact with Cross-Functional team to deliver Manufacturing Engineering aspect of implementation to fruition
- Lead small cross-functional team projects
- Hands-on technical assistance on LabView and Visual Basic type test codes
- Possess a Degree in Manufacturing / Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering Discipline or equivalent.
- Able to understand engineering drawings and use of CAD software
- Working knowledge of PLC (Omron, Siemens or Allen Bradley)
- Exposure on design and assembly of production automation machines.
- Working knowledge on Six Sigma & Statistics. Able to specify experimental programs and complete analysis of the results, summarizing findings and making recommendations (Six Sigma Background will do)
- Ability to create detailed project plan and execute cross functional tasks effectively
- Highly motivated and able to demonstrate both academic and creative excellence in either a mechanical or manufacturing design environment.
- Good analytical ability, capable of assessing technologies and products using a variety of methods
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions.
- Able to multitask without losing focus in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency on LabView, at least LabView Core 3 and Visual Basic coding (Must)
- Good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are essential.
- Diligent, thorough and realistic.
- Able to work independently as well as able to work within a team
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Candidates that meet most of the requirements may be considered for the Manufacturing Engineer – Advanced position
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.