Product and Consumer Insight Coordinator
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
We are looking for an inquisitive and analytical self-starter with a real passion for Dyson products and drive to understand customer perceptions and insights to work with our Global Quality & Reliability team based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategising, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. One area which requires this focus is product service. Dyson is looking for an individual who can specifically help drive the Quality departments agenda within a number of markets (a Region), focused specifically on Customer Service environments. The insight function within a market will run product and App trials and use all local data sources to categorise customer’s views on Dyson/competitor products.
- Build an understanding of what Dyson customers think, and say, about our products
- Use multiple data sources to provide the Quality team with local insight into Customers perceptions of Dyson products. Channels of information can include Online Reviews, Professional Publications (e.g. Which), Social Media data, Youtube etc.
- Customer reviews help drive purchasing choices
- Translate online reviews (where applicable) & categorise commentary to identify consumer likes & dislikes with both Dyson and Competitor products. Ensure methodology is aligned with other Group functions i.e. Commercial Insights, Mechanistic’s etc.
- The trialling of new products supports decision making in the development process
- Manage a defined set of internal product trials to provide insight to the quality, reliability & user perception of products in development & in the market. Run internal market product home trials or observed trials at specified points in the product development lifecycle.
- Ask lots of questions
- Support the creation of trial surveys (to ensure local/cultural details are considered) and in translation into local language. Conversion of results into English is also a requirement.
- What are the competition doing
- Support the benchmarking of competitor products during trials for comparison - survey trialist for feedback to include perception scores/star rating.
- Solid understanding of verbal/written English alongside local language skills
- Ability to understand feelings and perceptions from what is said or written
- An Analytical mind set able to convert anecdotal research into quantitative data
- Ability to follow process and work in a consistent manner
- IT Literate and ability to use Microsoft Software Packages at an intermediate level
- Language skills in either French / German / Spanish
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.