Market Insight Coordinator
£Competitive + Pension, Bonus, 27 Days Holiday
The Market Insight Coordinator will be guided by the Insights team within Quality categories to enable UK based analysis of global product insight from a Quality perspective.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Dyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. One area which requires this focus is product service. Dyson is looking for an individual who can specifically help drive the Quality departments agenda within a number of markets (a Region), focused specifically on Customer Service environments. The insight function within a market will run product and App trials and use all local data sources to categorise customer’s views on Dyson/competitor products.
Indirect Customer Insight
- Using all available data sources the role will provide localised information/insight to the category on perception of Dyson & Competitor products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Included (but not exclusive) are Online Reviews, Professional Publications (e.g. Which), Social Media data, Youtube etc.
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, data sources etc.
- Ensure that on-line reviews are translated (where applicable) & categorised to identify consumer likes & dislikes with both Dyson and Competitor products. Ensure methodology is aligned with other Group functions i.e. Commercial Insights, Mechanistic’s etc.
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams.
- Under Category guidance create reports to communicate regional areas of interest.
- Active awareness of broadening data landscape; assess any new arising sources of customer satisfaction which may be of benefit, inform centralised Insights team.
Direct Customer Insight
- Utilise existing Dyson customers to extract detailed insight into the use & perception of our products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Achieve this through survey tools & direct interview (on the phone or face/face).
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, methodology etc.
- Agree specific work package definitions.
- Using the appropriate (& pre-agreed) tools generate series of questions to tease out the required insight from consumers e.g. surveys.
- Categorise customer data recorded by the customer service team in order to identify the main symptoms in customer complaints.
- Trials - Manage a defined set of internal product trials to provide insight to the quality, reliability & user perception of products in development & in the market. - Run internal market product home trials or observed trials at specified points in the development lifecycle - 01 Rig/EB1 etc. as defined by category quality
- Create & manage a local plan for the trial including support in targeting trial individuals, delivery program, survey distribution and closure, management of products at end of trial etc.
- Support the creation of trial surveys (to ensure local/cultural details are considered) and in translation into local language. Conversion of results into English is also a requirement.
- Support the benchmarking of competitor products during trials for comparison - survey trialist for feedback to include perception scores/star rating.
- Generate weekly/monthly status reports to communicate current position of each/every trial across all categories & territories.
Territory Team General Administration
- Assist with the routine non-Engineering based activities to support the wider team in the market.
- Coordinate courier activity of machines or samples which are required to be sent to UK, SEA or elsewhere.
- Support with ad-hoc project requests working cross functionally with other teams with the Japan business.
- Solid understanding of verbal/written English alongside local language skills
- Ability to understand feelings and perceptions from what is said or written
- An Analytical mind set able to convert anecdotal research into quantitative data
- Ability to follow process and work in a consistent manner
- IT Literate and ability to use Microsoft Software Packages at an intermediate level
- Language skills in either French / German / Spanish
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.