Product Reliability & Quality Coordinator
As Product Reliability & Quality Coordinator your job is to help drive the Global Quality department's agenda within our market, with a specific focus on product quality, reliability and customer satisfaction.
Dyson is a global technology company on a mission to improve people’s lives: whether that be by making the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines which keep their homes clean. As a company, Dyson is a strong market leader. Dyson is not just #1 fastest growing vacuum cleaner company in Australia, it is also the #1 small domestic appliance brand in Australia. Further, with cutting edge product innovation across personal care, fans, humidifiers, purifiers and vacuums, Dyson is now expanding out of small domestic appliances and competing within the top 10 leading consumer durable products in Australia (this includes mobile phones), where Dyson is the fastest growing. With quality engineering, Dyson’s reputation in the Australian market is also very strong. Dyson is rated Readers Digest most trusted brand in Australia in 2016 (across all categories).
The Insight function within the Australian market is responsible for running product and app trials and using all local data sources to categorise customer's views on Dyson/competitor products.
We are growing - fast! Dyson’s product range is continually expanding and the technology being used is becoming more complex – which means teams who design, build and support those products need to grow and change with these evolutions. For that reason, Dyson Australia is looking for a Reliability & Quality Coordinator to help drive the Global Quality department's agenda within our market, with a specific focus on product quality, reliability and customer satisfaction. In this newly created position you will play a critical role in collecting and analysing direct and indirect customer insights using local data sources to categorise customer’s views on products, as well as manage internal product and App trials to provide insight to the quality, reliability & user perception of products in development & in the market. Reporting into the Territory Quality & Reliability Manager in Australia, you will be part of the Global Quality & Reliability team and work from our Taren Point office in Sydney, Australia.
You will be accountable for:
- Collecting, analysing and reporting on Indirect Customer Insights by:
- Using all available data sources (e.g. online reviews, professional publications, social media etc.) on perception of products, focusing on product reliability and customer satisfaction
- Collecting, analysing and reporting on Direct Customer Insights by:
- Utilise existing Dyson customers to extract detailed insight into the use and perception of our products, with a focus on reliability and customer satisfaction using survey tools and direct interview (on the phone or face/face)
- Liaising with Quality categories to define specific insight requirements (products, timeframes, markets, data sources)
- Working with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams
- Categorise customer data recorded by the customer service team in order to identify the main symptoms in customer complaints
- Create and manage a local plan for the App & product trials including support in targeting trial individuals, delivery program, survey distribution and closure, management of products at end of trial etc.
- Ad hoc Territory Team General Administration
This exciting and challenging new role will require you to be a self-starter with an inquisitive mind who is genuinely interested in understanding Dyson's products, and customer's perceptions and insights. You will also need strong relationship building skills in order to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders locally and globally.
To be successful you will need:
- An analytical mind set and ability to convert anecdotal research into quantitative data
- To be able to understand feelings and perceptions from what is said or written
- Strong organizational skills and experience setting and following clear processes
- Intermediate MS Office skills, specifically using Excel, PowerPoint and Access for data management, analysis and reporting
- Experience with Tableau is an advantage but not a requirement
Dyson Australia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy an annual bonus and generous product discounts. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realising ambition.