Market Insight Coordinator
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The insight function within a market will run product and app trials (Dyson & competitor) and use all local data sources to categorise customer’s views on Dyson/competitor products. The Market Insight Coordinator will be guided by the Insights team within Quality categories to enable UK based analysis of global product insight from a Quality perspective.
Indirect customer insight - using all available data sources the role will provide localised information/insight to the category on perception of Dyson & Competitor products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Included (but not exclusive) are Online Reviews, Professional Publications (e.g. Which), Social Media data, Youtube etc
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, data sources etc.
- Ensure that on-line reviews are translated (where applicable) & categorised to identify consumer likes & dislikes with both Dyson and Competitor products. Ensure methodology is aligned with other Group functions i.e. Commercial Insights, Mechanistic’s etc.
- Liaise with the Data team within Quality to ensure continual enhancement of the data tools (e.g. Tableau) to ensure the data reflects the requirements of the market teams.
- Under Category guidance create reports to communicate regional areas of interest.
- Active awareness of broadening data landscape; assess any new arising sources of customer satisfaction which may be of benefit, inform centralized Insights team.
Direct customer insight - Utilise existing Dyson customers to extract detailed insight into the use & perception of our products, with the primary focus that of reliability & satisfaction of experience. Achieve this through survey tools & direct interview (on the phone or face/face).
- Liaise with each Quality category to define specific Insight requirements for review e.g. what products, timeframe, markets, methodology etc. Agree specific work package definitions.
- Using the appropriate (& pre-agreed) tools generate series of questions to tease out the required insight from consumers e.g. surveys.
- Categorise customer data recorded by the customer service team in order to identify the main symptoms in customer complaints.
Trials - Manage a defined set of internal product trials to provide insight to the quality, reliability & user perception of products in development & in the market.
- Run internal market product home trials or observed trials at specified points in the development lifecycle - 01 Rig/EB1 etc. as defined by category quality.
- Create & manage a local plan for the trial including support in targeting trial individuals, delivery program, survey distribution and closure, management of products at end of trial etc.
- Support the creation of trial surveys (to ensure local/cultural details are considered) and in translation into local language. Conversion of results into English is also a requirement.
- Support the benchmarking of competitor products during trials for comparison - survey trialist for feedback to include perception scores/star rating.
- Generate weekly/monthly status reports to communicate current position of each/every trial across all categories & territories.
Assist Territory Team General Administration
- Assist with the routine non-Engineering based activities to support the wider team in the market.
- Coordinate courier activity of machines or samples which are required to be sent to UK, SEA or elsewhere.
- Support with ad-hoc project requests working cross functionally with other teams with the Japan business.
- Experience with product analysis and running product trials is desired.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to convert anecdotal research into quantitative data.
- Ability to understand consumer behavior and what drives product ratings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Software Packages at an intermediate level.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, concise and thorough manner.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships and work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- An ability to understand feelings and perceptions from what is said or written.
- Ability to follow process and work in a consistent manner.
- Solid organizational and administrative skills.