Market Safety Engineer UK
£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, 27 Days Holiday
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 1,500 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. From 2016, our HQ will begin doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Identify market requirements and ensure they have the tools necessary to identify safety cases, carry out initial assessment and escalate when required
- Working with the data capture team carry out continuous refinement of the safety key-word search tools.
- Review all identified and potential cases
- Ensure the correct escalation processes are followed
- Monitor and review all data to identify and trends of failure modes
- Investigate machines involved in cases to determine the root cause or manage investigations through other resources
- Report data out to RDD and Quality
- An understanding / experience of engineering will be required in order to correctly assess and understand failure modes and diagnose them correctly
- Communicate effectively – Speak, listen and write in a clear, concise and thorough manner
- Build relationships and Teamwork
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships and work cooperatively and effectively with others
- An ability to understand feelings and perceptions from what is said or written
- An Analytical mind set able to convert anecdotal information into quantitative data
- Ability to follow process and work in a consistent manner
- Solid organisational and administrative skills
- IT Literate and ability to use Microsoft Software Packages at an intermediate level
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a management bonus, generous leave, life insurance, income protection, and private medical and dental care. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.