Marketing Manager - Personal Care - Hong Kong/Taiwan
Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
To drive strong sustained business growth, building our awareness, presence and reputation, Dyson is looking for an experienced marketer to run the Personal Care Category.
The role will require strong knowledge of the local environment, familiarity with all communication channels, a proven record of delivering excellent work through a team and of working with PR, trade, digital and sales departments to deliver growth for Personal Care Category.
The role will be an individual contributor role, reporting to the Head of Marketing for HK/TW.
Dyson has made a major strategic expansion into Asia. At the heart of the Asia expansion is the decision to create a strong Dyson team in Hong Kong to support a rapidly expanding business.
We have seen a three-fold growth this year and are looking to replicate this success in 2018 driven by disruptive technology, unique products, strong propositions and perfectly executed integrated marketing campaigns.
Brand Strategy and Personal Care Category Management
- Work with the Group Commercial team to develop the proposition, creative and strategy to deliver growth for Taiwan and Hong Kong Personal Care business
- Assess the business performance and work with all functions (Sales, PR, Digital, Retail, Customer Service) to develop joint strategies and perfect execution for Personal Care
- Master the basics but also deliver fresh thinking – look at innovative ways to reach our audiences to ensure that Dyson ‘own’ Personal Care
- Manage the category P&L, through a full understanding of product lines, and stimulate demand.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders in Group to ensure alignment on plans.
- Lead media agency to define overall annual media strategy to reach key audience through variety of media channels.
- Management of media agency to produce meaningful post campaign analysis
- Management of audit process to evaluate quality performance of media agency on an annual basis
- Network with other advertisers within the media agency network to explore opportunities to work together, share best practice.
- Build effective relationship & working process with Taiwan and Hong Kong distributors to drive the agenda for experiential marketing and social media.
- Find local market insights from research and market data. Work with distributors to develop plan that resonates and shows differentiation and superiority.
- Own and approve all brand assets, track and review perfect merchandising at offline & online channels
- Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Fix things that you can see need fixing.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Strong brand/category management background - ideally in the beauty industry or premium brands
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital media
- Understanding of product and proposition development required
- Understanding of market research
- Understanding of both Hong Kong and Taiwan markets
- Strong communication skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese required for local markets
Candidates should have the following personal characteristics:
- Creative & Entrepreneurial
- High paced + high discipline
- Sees ambiguity as opportunity
- Ability to engage and motivate people.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- A confident individual must be ready to take on battles and win.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Ability to plan and deliver strategic initiatives.
- A visible passion for product.
- Effective communicator.
- Able to work as an individual contributor but also a team player across functions
- Able to manage complex projects.
- Approachable and supportive.