Marketing Manager, Professional Beauty Channel
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Dyson US launched their game changing hairdryer in September 2016. We rethought the way people dry their hair and the reviews have been fantastic. We need a passionate Professional Stylist Channel Manager to develop, implement, and inspire our team to drive awareness and sales to Professional Stylists across US.
This role will be responsible for planning and execution of our Professional Salon and Stylist marketing strategy and ensuring our products are positioned for maximum appeal to Professional Stylists. You will work together with the global and local marketing teams, sales team, customer care, and external agencies to plan events, develop marketing and sales materials, and execute plans to ensure our technology is understood by Stylists and adopted for use in salons across US.
Manage Professional Edition products within Personal Care category
Collaborate with Global team to manage Professional portfolio in US.
Co-develop annual sales forecast with Direct Sales team and budget for support plan to achieve and exceed goals.
Work with internal Dyson cross-functional teams to ensure clearly understood processes are in place for inventory planning tied to sales plans.
Create or adapt creative materials to be used in selling Dyson Supersonic Professional Edition.
Collaborate with Global and Digital teams to ensure website presence is up to date, highly relevant to Professional Stylists and easy customer journey
Help develop and execute clear and compelling marketing plans within the Professional hair category, which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
Work with media agency and Category Director to create and implement supporting media plan.
Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives
Work with strategy and finance partners to develop long-term vision and growth for Professional category
Work with internal marketing partners to develop effective brand communications including trade publications, digital, social, etc.
Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, public relations, educational assets / literature for our stylists
Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
Assist in developing an educational platform to drive awareness and advocacy
Develop strategy and execute plan for relevant trade shows to drive awareness of the Dyson Supersonic. Work with team to manage on-site execution including activation, marketing initiatives, staffing, inventory, sales tracking, and all communication with the hosting organization. Deliver post-analysis on activation and make recommendations for future shows.
Co-develop salon education initiatives with National Education Manager to create awareness and understanding of unique attributes of the Dyson Supersonic Professional Edition.
Drive sales through marketing initiatives
Work with Direct sales team to set targets (mutually agreed upon), professional development, and in-market support.
Set and manage budget, objectives, and measurement/evaluation.
Manage regular update meetings to ensure that sales progress is on track and to understand any issues or support required; identify areas that can be optimized
Work with agencies and/or content creators such as Behind the Chair to develop strong content and grassroots marketing initiatives to drive conversion
Drive endorsement and develop relationships with stylists
Develop and execute programs to encourage stylist endorsement and recommendation of Dyson Supersonic to clients
Create outreach program with Professional stylists ensuring we develop positive relationships with key influencers / stylists
Own and drive projects against budget
Partner with Finance and Category Director to support the annual marketing planning and budgeting process for assigned category
Assist Category Director with the category budget including brand building and marketing investments and plans throughout the year
Provide monthly insight into the business forecasting cycle including appropriate volume forecasting and business trends
Lead and formally develop AMM and/or Marketing Specialists
Manage processes and remove barriers to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate training solutions
Fulfill other duties as required
Proactively lead integration of this role into the Personal Care and Direct teams.
Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
Present a professional and fashion savvy image in appearance, words and actions
Identify problems and find solutions
Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30lbs., potentially overhead
Travel 25%+ of time
- Strong experience in the Professional sector (Stylist, B2B in Beauty/Hair care and/or selling to salons)
- 6+ years strategic brand marketing/ management experience required, at least 2 of which must be in a manager level role; evidence of consistent progression in responsibility required.
- Previous experience managing cross-functional teams
- Previous experience in managing 3rd party agencies
- Experience in tracking sales, analysing data and identify trends
- Experience in product management
- Experience in styling/hairdressing an asset, but not a requirement
- Experience managing P&L, media and budget required
- Strategic thinking; this person must demonstrate the ability to take a wide view. Must be able to create, execute and manage a sound marketing plan.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player; able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Presentation skills – able to present confidently in front of a varied audiences
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Written and verbal skills - able to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Meeting management and group process facilitation skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint