Senior Marketing Manager
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND SUPPORTING ACTIVITIES
Develop and execute clear and compelling marketing plans which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
· Work with finance and Marketing Leadership to develop project P&L. Follow monthly reporting cycle to review, understand, report and communicate with SMM and Sales Directors.
· Work with media agency and SMM to create and implement supporting media plan. Follow monthly reporting cycle to review, understand, report and communicate with SMM and Sales Directors.
· Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives
· Work with strategy and finance partners to develop long-term vision and growth for category
· Work with internal marketing partners to develop effective brand communications including TV, print, retail, digital etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, public relations, in-store execution, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Provide annual market share targets and report on progress monthly
- Forecast volume for new product introductions
- Deliver against P & L goals and objectives
Manage all aspects of bringing new products and technology to market to ensure successful launches
- Be the internal champion for the product
- Work with sales partners to develop and activate range plans, marketing plans and trade activation and drive retailer compliance in stores.
- Drive organizational training to ensure internal understanding and advocacy of the technology
- Partner with Retail team to develop and deliver sales presentations and materials to ensure retail success
- Partner with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
Own and drive the category against budget
- Partner with Finance to lead the annual marketing planning and budgeting process for assigned category
- Manage the category budget including brand building and retail marketing investments and plans throughout the year
- Provide monthly insight into the business forecasting cycle including appropriate volume forecasting and business trends
Lead and informally develop Marketing Associates and/or Specialists
· Manage processes and remove barriers to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
· Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate training solutions
Fulfill other duties as required
· Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Fix things that need fixing
· Identify problems and find solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit- must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Be passionate about the product- this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills- this person must be able to manage budgets and deadlines – and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Ability to travel occasionally as required.
Experience and Education