Senior Marketing Manager - Floor Care
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Develop and execute clear and compelling Commercial Marketing plans which will drive very high double digit top and bottom line growth, category share gains and positive brand attributes.
- Develop the 1-3 year market vision and strategy for growth across the category – for existing and new products, unlocking potential of sales channels, marketing opportunities and media channels.
- Own the category P&L, sharing responsibility for its performance with Leadership Team peers (Sales, Marketing, Customer Services and Direct)
- Lead all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and demand planning for the category, working closely with UK commercial team peers.
- Ensure monthly and yearly volume, net revenue and margin targets are met, closely monitoring the P&L and owning the Financial LE and production forecast for the category.
- Develop, communicate and gain buy-in for the category strategy from stakeholders across the business (both Group and US), and ensure progress against the plan is well communicated.
- Set the media strategy, channel plan, monitor budget and review ROI of media spend, working closely with Mindshare and Digital team.
Manage all aspects of bringing new products and technology to market to ensure successful launches
- Be the internal champion for the product, for core dyson technology and for dyson brand values
- Work with sales partners to develop and activate range plans, marketing plans and trade activation and drive retailer compliance in stores.
- Drive organizational training to ensure internal understanding and advocacy of the technology
- Partner with Retail team to develop and deliver sales presentations and materials to ensure retail success
- Partner with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
Own the commercial strategy for the category
- Be the in-market category advocate, continuously championing its value and commercial potential for the market and wide Dyson business; developing the ambition, energy, ideas and tools needed by the market’s marketing and sales teams to reach the best possible commercial outcomes from the product set.
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues across the market team (retailer sales, direct sales, customer services and marketing) to maximise the impact the category/ product has on consumers and retailers.
Lead and develop a high performing team
- Inspire, lead and motivate team through regular feedback, 1:1s, Personal Development Plans, objectives and career conversations
- Build a team with clear succession routes, not just within the category teams, but through the wider business. Know who will succeed you, when and who will succeed them.
- Manage processes and priorities, to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
- Identify gaps in knowledge and skills in the team and build appropriate development solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration
- 7-10 years strategic brand marketing experience required, at least 5 of which must be in a manager level role; evidence of consistent progression in responsibility required.
- Experience with consumer products (hard goods) and/or retail required.
- A consumer technology / electronics background is strongly preferred but would be open to other experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Experience managing P&L, media and budget required
- Strategic thinking; this person must demonstrate the ability to take a wide view. Must be able to create, execute and manage a sound marketing plan.
- Influencing skills; this person will have the ability to lead cross functionally and influence up, down and across the business.
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze data and tackle problems and present viable solutions.
- Team player; able to manage and motivate people, this person is able to build strong relationships with a wide range of people (across all Dyson markets). This person works cooperatively across the business and puts the good of the business above their own career interests.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Creativity; this person needs to guide and challenge a team responsible for managing a dynamic brand. They need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Flexibility; this person will need to adaptable, be open to taking on more and have the ability to adapt plans and direction as the business indicates.
- Entrepreneurial spirit- must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Be passionate about the product- this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Project management skills- this person must be able to manage budgets and deadlines – and plan, achieve and evaluate results individually and through others.
- Ability to travel occasionally as required.