Marketing Project Specialist
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Support Sales and Marketing teams with execution of new product launches and marketing campaigns
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions. But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Bringing brand new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing. Clarity of message. Vast reach. And engagement in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketeers develop powerful claims through scientific research. And from traditional channels to cutting-edge events, retail experiences, social media and PR, we seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
- Manage cross-functional projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Work collaboratively across the sales and marketing functions to support both new and current product ranges.
- Partner with the Global team on all product launches, ensuring that they have the best understanding of your local product area.
- Facilitate good project management as it relates to the key aspects; communication, understanding, timing, cost and post-mortem analysis.
- Own and drive projects through to completion - corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution.
- Inform business decision making process.
- Analyse and interpret market data regularly and execute monthly business reports to empower the business with valuable information to make decisions.
- Become a product expert.
- Learn how to communicate Dyson technology to internal teams, retailers and customers.
- Partner with Sales account managers to ensure that Dyson products are represented in the best interests of the brand, the retailer and the customer.
- Ensure that marketing and sales channels have the tools, knowledge and assets to execute excellent campaign plans.
- Provide multi-level support to Marketing team.
- Lead special projects or product launches.
- Manage feasibility signoff and production requirements for exclusive SKUs from concept to launch.
- Assist in market and consumer insight studies.
- Develop and execute processes.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to ensure that any issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in an appropriate manner.
- Provide methods for the reporting of the status of projects to the department manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity.
- 1+ year of experience in a marketing or creative environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality.
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department and have the robustness to recover from unexpected outcomes.
- Ability to foresee and react quickly to business needs to help improve its function.
- Curiosity and initiative to explore and learn.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting.
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed.
- Be passionate about the product; this person needs to be enthusiastic about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Be curious, ask questions and try new things
- Possess a willingness to help, draw insights via observation