Marketing Project Specialist
Starting Salary Will Be Based on Experience and Credentials.
The Marketing Project Specialist will help manage production and project requirements of the US Graphics and Marketing team.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up.
1. Graphics and Marketing projects
- Manage a mix of internal and external projects – typically 80%+ of project load being retail, print and digital oriented, however the nature and type of projects largely dependent on the prevailing Marketing initiatives and product launches
- Manage all assets of production on projects (mostly 2D in nature, potentially some 3D)
- Facilitate good project management as it relates to the key aspects; communication, understanding, timing, and cost
- Own and drive projects through to completion – corralling internal stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely execution
- Provide analysis and comparison of project costs and attributes to assist with informing a good route to completion
- Manage the routing and sign-off of all graphics relating to projects, ensuring that all parties have signed-off in accordance to the timeline
- Traffic projects through production and the approval process
2. Vendor/Agency relationships and cost management
· Working closely with the Graphics Project Manager, liaise with vendors to ensure Vendors are set-up and operating appropriately
· Ensure that detailed specifications and job requirements are supplied to external suppliers for all projects
· Manage and maintain Censhare
- Ensure that suppliers are responding to Dyson with the appropriate level of product and service
- Maintain and uphold the integrity of all project financials – purchasing, billing and reconciliation to Dyson process and standards
- Manage and maintain billing details on the Graphics ‘status’ document and Trade budget trackers
- Ensure ‘goods receipting’ of completed projects, reconcile and approve invoices against POs and close jobs
3. Develop and execute processes
· Drive the process to maximize efficiency and team/department success
· Work with the Graphics Project Manager to ensure that any issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in an appropriate manner
· Provide methods for the reporting of the status of projects to the department, manage status communication and ensure that every opportunity is given for the team to understand project activity
4. Fulfill other duties as required
· Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
· Assist with graphic production including but not limited to, building mock-ups or set-up for internal and external events when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or related discipline
- Some experience in an agency with production experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic, high energy personality
- Strong organization skills
- Must be adaptable to a fast paced and changing department
- Ability to prioritize in face of many immediate demands
- Ability to foresee and react to department needs to help improve function
- Resourceful, problem solver
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible
- Diligent and conscientious
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve
- Team player
- Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.