Master Data Development Manager (6 month FTC)
£Competitive + Bonus, Pension, Onsite Sports Facility
You will be responsible for the strategic policies and procedures relating to the development and monitoring of both current and new master data management processes. Development activities include inbound change project delivery, MDM process improvement project delivery, and the provision of master data reports and associated analysis.
This is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
Master data management (MDM) is essential to the effective running of our business. Master data is a single source of basic business data used across multiple systems, applications, and/or processes. When master data is accurate, on time and complete it saves us both time and money and allows us to make better informed business decisions. High quality master data is a real asset to our business.
Global Master Data Management (GMDM) creates and maintains master data in multiple Dyson systems for all markets globally. Dyson’s primary ERP system is SAP, encompassing both front and back office solutions. The business deploys other complimentary systems which also require high quality master data for their effective operation.
Working closely with your direct reports, the GMDM BAU team, IT system specialists and internal stakeholders across the world to deliver a first class service to the business. Particular responsibilities include:
- Lead direct reports to deliver a high quality MDM development service to the global business.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, induction and on-going skills development for all direct reports, to provide opportunities for skills expansion and career development.
- Manage business change and improvement projects.
- Ensure that the development team delivers high quality processes to the BAU team as a result of inbound change, as well as the associated training and documentation.
- Facilitate a culture of open and honest two-way communication within the development team and with the BAU team, ensuring key messages are cascaded effectively across both areas.
- Facilitate master data integrity by developing operational processes, KPI measures, validation, auditing and cleansing processes to meet the changing needs to the business.
- Collaborate with the Master Data Operations Manager to identify opportunities to improve process efficiency and governance.
- Manage direct reports to deliver process improvements through changes in ways of working and the automation and rationalisation of processes.
- Build strong working relationships with global customers, other key stakeholders and IT system specialists to develop a shared understanding of MDM requirements and department interdependencies.
- Create an on-going culture of continuous improvement within the development team through the effective use of department KPIs.
- Promote the GMDM team as the recognised guardian of master data integrity within Dyson for the data elements under its jurisdiction.
We need you to have strong people management skills as well as strong performance management skills with experience of managing both quantitative and qualitative targets and a track record of achieving goals. Experience in a similar master data role - experienced in data capture and creating master data is required.
You will be self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice. You'll be a strategic and analytical thinker with excellent knowledge of the function of master data in ERP systems.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.