Master Data Development Manager
£34,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Onsite Gym
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
Master data management (MDM) is essential to the effective running of our business. Master data is a single source of basic business data used across multiple systems, applications, and/or processes. When master data is accurate, on time and complete it saves us both time and money and allows us to make better informed business decisions. High quality master data is a real asset to our business.
Global Master Data Management (GMDM) creates and maintains master data in multiple Dyson systems for all markets globally. Dyson’s primary ERP system is SAP, encompassing both front and back office solutions. The business deploys other complimentary systems which also require high quality master data for their effective operation.
GMDM is a centralised department which was set up to give the business control over its master data. The team is located in Malmesbury, United Kingdom and Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Team activities are divided into two main work streams; business as usual (BAU) operations and development. The team aims to ensure a high level of master data integrity through efficient, user-friendly processes.
You will work closely with your direct reports, the GMDM BAU team, IT system specialists and internal stakeholders across the world to deliver a first class service to the business. Particular responsibilities include:
- Lead direct reports to deliver a high quality MDM development service to the global business.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, induction and on-going skills development for all direct reports, to provide opportunities for skills expansion and career development.
- Manage business change and improvement projects.
- Ensure that the development team delivers high quality processes to the BAU team as a result of inbound change, as well as the associated training and documentation.
- Facilitate a culture of open and honest two-way communication within the development team and with the BAU team, ensuring key messages are cascaded effectively across both areas.
- Facilitate master data integrity by developing operational processes, KPI measures, validation, auditing and cleansing processes to meet the changing needs to the business.
- Collaborate with the Master Data Operations Manager to identify opportunities to improve process efficiency and governance.
- Manage direct reports to deliver process improvements through changes in ways of working and the automation and rationalisation of processes.
- Build strong working relationships with global customers, other key stakeholders and IT system specialists to develop a shared understanding of MDM requirements and department interdependencies.
- Create an on-going culture of continuous improvement within the development team through the effective use of department KPIs.
- Promote the GMDM team as the recognised guardian of master data integrity within Dyson for the data elements under its jurisdiction.
This is what we need you to have:
- Strong people management skills that facilitate others to play to their strengths.
- Strong performance management skills with experience of managing both quantitative and qualitative targets and a track record of achieving goals.
- Experience in a similar master data role - experienced in data capture and creating master data.
- Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice.
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines by effectively delegating and utilising direct reports to ensure deliverables are met.
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Excellent knowledge of the function of master data in ERP systems.
- Knowledge and/or experience of master data best practice.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams both cross-functionality and geographically.
- Strong track record of customer focus and stakeholder management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to present information informatively and effectively to different audiences.
- Be able to effectively manage change, often at pace.
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint