Warehouse Assistant (Material Handler)
We are currently seeking an experienced warehouse assistant (material handler) to join our expanding team. You need to be willing to work on shift pattern (10 am - 10 pm). You will be responsible in supporting the day-to-day operations, be accountable for accuracy of stock quantity and reports, whilst maintaining safety and good housekeeping.
Dyson Singapore was established in 2004 for precision manufacturing of Dyson digital motors – the core technology of our future machines. This pure engineering environment is alive with prototyping, testing and development.
Responding to global growth and our expanding technology portfolio, a £100m investment in our new West Park facility has increased motor manufacturing to 11 million units a year. It’s now also where we manufacture our hand dryers and fans. And with about 800 people –15% of Dyson’s global workforce – it’s destined to play an even bigger role in our future success.
It’s one thing to solve a problem that’ll change technology forever. But turning that idea into a reality takes solving many more problems – and success is ultimately measured, not by the thinking, but by the product. Our Manufacturing department supports over 1,000 Dyson engineers worldwide turning ideas into groundbreaking technology. Involved early in the design, we identify materials, pre-empt production issues and find ways to build more efficiently. Yet robustly. From designing the machines, to the machines that build the machines, we’re helping to shape the future of technology.
- Responsible to support day-to-day operations in warehouse by performing pick & pack, kitting, receiving & shipping operations to internal and external customer requirements including returns.
- Pick materials according to production requirements & deliver to production line as required.
- Ensure all materials are correctly packed & accurately entered into the system as required.
- Conduct weekly/monthly cycle count, and assist to verify stock discrepancies.
- Ensure proper storage of materials and comply with all safety & housekeeping regulations.
- Ensure all individual training requirements are met.
- Ensure movements of raw materials/components are done in a safe manner.
- To escalate anomalies observe during course of work.
- possess at least 2 years of relevant experience in a warehouse environment
- have experience in handle equipment such as forklift, reach truck and pallet jack
- have basic computer literacy and experience using ERP systems
- be self motivated and is able to work independently under pressure
- be able to show track records of your organization and prioritization skills
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance, and shift and transport allowances. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and voluntary workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition