Calamba, Laguna Philippines
- Continuous quality and reliability improvement
- ISIR Approval Activities
- Facilitate Control/Capability Build
- V9/V10 project aero/FRACAS
- Qualification for Localization of DDM Parts
- Drive FRACAS consolidation, resolution and corrective action implementation in production line
RDD motors team have moved to PAM manufacturing site, it’s giving us further opportunity to closely work together with motor manufacturing teams on quality improvement, problem solving, yield improvement, and cost saving.
This will support DDM parts localization and work together with Dyson Procurement team.
To lead quality control and quality continuous improvement to minimize the gap between RDD and PAM production, especially for those issues they can’t solve.
Responsible for structure / airflow / vibration / impact / noise analysis of DDM mechanical components and assemblies from prototype to production.
Conduct performance (aero/noise) validation and also other investigative testing to support project delivery on specifications.
Responsible for DDM FRACAS (failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system).
Work with design/quality/equipment team on design changes, process improvement, quality control and corrective action implementation.
- Familiar with engineering simulation software, e.g. ANSYS, for structure/vibration/impact analysis.
- Use of ad-hoc hand calculations and investigative experiments to evaluate the concepts/ideas and to support engineering decision.
- Knowledge and experience of rotating machinery design (such as HDD, brushless motors, turbochargers, turbines or related) in areas of vibration, noise, rotor balancing, thermal and wear/tear are preferred.
- Proven experience of creative and methodical problem solving
- Solid knowledge of mechanical properties, failure mechanism and processing of engineering materials (such as steel, aluminium, zinc, copper, thermoplastic, thermoset and carbon fiber composite).
- Pro-actively resolving critical design, manufacturing, quality and reliability issues.
- Well-rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.
- Able to understand engineering drawings.
- Experience on bearing quality control and bearing-related vibration noise is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize key activities according to project deliveries.
Able to work in a self-motivated way as well as with a team/cross-functional/cultural team.
Good verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate in a professional manner with all levels.
Strong “can-do” attitude.
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience for Mechanical Engineer – Advanced position.