Metadata Librarian, Fixed term contract until end of 2017
£15,000 - 20,000
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More information. We are a global technology company with a global brand. Managing how we visually communicate with our customers and with other Dyson people, is essential to protecting and developing our brand reputation. The Imagery team focuses on ensuring that the equity defined by our visual identity and its application isn’t at risk, upholding high creative and production values at all times.
The Imagery team is one of three core channel teams in the ‘Dyson Creative area’ of Dyson. Its primary role is to produce beautiful technology portrayals, which support campaigns across all consumer journey touch points, on print, on TV, in digital, in store and outdoor.
As a Metadata Librarian you will have responsibility for:
- Creating metadata for a wide range of resources, including loading of external data and the manual creation of bibliographic catalogue records.
- Carrying out appropriate spot checking of catalogue records for new acquisitions which are imported in to the library management system as part of the shelf-ready process.
- Carrying out cataloguing of archival records, under the direction of the asset systems manager, to ensure optimisation of the data and the system.
To provide administrative, meta-data and co-ordination duties:
- Tagging and cataloguing existing bank of assets.
- Entering, maintaining and amending metadata for new assets.
- Helping to develop, maintain and enforce logical, relevant metadata conventions and maintenance rules for use across the Image team.
- Developing a suitable, scalable metadata structure with relevant terms for current and future use.
- Training new Image team members on best metadata practice.
- Tracking and enforcing copyright of images.
- Working with Censhare support to develop better ways of smoothing the uploading and saving of metadata management.
- Working with Censhare support to improve image searching for users across the Dyson world.
- Previous experience working with Digital Asset Management Systems/Libraries.
- Proof of previously working in a role with the need for exceptional attention to detail
- Previous experience working with the media industry or physical archiving would be ideal, but not mandatory
- Experience and understanding of digital asset management systems (Censhare is an advantage).
- Practical understanding of metadata tagging and taxonomies (metadata indexing for the uninitiated).
- Experience with maintaining metadata across a large image library.
- Experience with online Image libraries, for example: Shutterstock, etc.