Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The Education Manager will serve as a lead trainer and program manager in specific areas as required by business needs in an ever-changing market. The Education Manager will oversee all aspects of training for Retailers, 3rd Parties, and Dyson employees. The Education Manager will use progressive means including live training and facilitation, e-learning, and other mediums ensuring quality of training for specified projects and events. The Education Manager will work across the training organization with a particular focus on content, retailer, demonstration, or direct/events to ensure training is consistent, connected, and meaningful across audiences. This role is focused on training and educating Dyson's own retail teams, as well as that of our retail partners, on the latest advancements in Dyson technology.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson has made a name for itself in the US and Canada with superior technology and hungry team that wants to win. Mexico is the next battleground in the Americas. Are you in?
Design, implement and execute training:
* Strategically and tactically drive the Dyson business forward through training; internal, national, regional, and strategic business segments
* Work with Global Training Team & Country Manager to plan and train national and regional events within Mexico by partnering with sales team and linking with top-door and key regions
* Partner with functional sales leaders to assess needs and prescribe training solutions that meet business demands and fuel growth
* Develop, coordinate and execute materials that will be used in training all aspects of internal and external sales teams
* Collaborate to drive content, retail, direct, and customer experience capabilities through sales training and advocacy programs
* Work with internal marketing partners to ensure that materials are produced in a timely manner meeting all deadlines for launch and go-live dates
* Tactically align all training materials to support company goals, marketing programs and branding strategies cross-functionally with Dyson retailers and the respective NAM/AM
* Drive quantity and quality of training with internal partners and retail partners through needs assessment, planning, preparing, executing and evaluating
* Produce training toolkits and all training materials including participant and evaluation materials
* Ensure materials are best in class in ease of use, technology, innovative design and support the different individual learning styles: hands on, visual and auditory learners.
* Assist in creation of online training including, delivery tools and formats (e.g., instructor- led, e-learning, blended learning, social media, mobile)
* Continuously find new ways to deliver a best in class customer experience that drives store performance
* Responsible for the effectiveness of all training initiatives including the impact it has on the overall business
* Ensure all training programs align with our global curriculum and national training approach
Deliver ongoing training programs
* Actively assist to train, motivate, and engage entire Mexico business including internal and external sales teams and all levels of sales management
* Act as a resource around all products and their use
* Partner with Dyson Expert teams to exploit event and training opportunities
* Drive online and mobile training initiatives through creation, execution and reporting
* Full understanding and ability to deliver training from induction, train the trainer, people development, and presentation excellence
* Attend national, regional and retailer meetings and give presentations, roll out materials, creative training launches, and other delivery needs required
Manage the training dashboard, produce metrics and manage incoming data
* Provide reporting on training data to be captured in training dashboard, tracking performance to metrics
* Gather training evaluation and assessment data to ensure the quality and effectiveness of sales training programs
Fulfill other duties as necessary
* Assist with the development, implementation, and delivery of all training to ensure strong individual learning
* Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
* Take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
* Identify problems and find solutions
* Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs.
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* Bachelor’s Degree required
* 3 years’ experience in training and development
* Experience training field sales force preferred
* Knowledge of instructional design principles and practices preferred
* Strong project management skills with broad business skills preferred
* Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
* Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects concurrently and react to shifting priorities without compromising assigned tasks.
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to interact and build relationships with all levels within the business
* Strong selling skills training experience preferred
* Previous Sales training creation and delivery in a product lead environment