Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for small and large scale activation of the Dyson brand in the Mexico market.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson has made a name for itself in the US and Canada with superior technology and hungry team that wants to win. Mexico is the next battleground in the Americas. Are you in?
Execute product/category marketing plans for a segment within the Mexico business which will drive incremental sales growth and share gains
- Define consumer target(s) and segments and develop propositions and programs to drive business within them
- Formulate and execute marketing plans to differentiate Dyson, build brand equity and drive consumer purchase interest
- Conduct competitor and market analysis, including product and claim analysis, to develop counter strategies and initiatives
- Liaison between Mexico and UK home office to foster strong communication on upcoming product details
Develop and execute clear and compelling marketing plans which will drive incremental sales growth, share gains and positive brand attributes
- Develop innovative and non-traditional ways to go to market to support brand objectives
- Work with strategy and finance partners to develop long-term vision and growth for category
- Work with internal marketing partners to develop effective brand communications including TV, print, retail, digital etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, public relations, in-store execution, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Work effectively with the Global team to ensure that there is alignment wherever possible and sensible
- Provide annual market share targets and report on progress monthly
- Forecast volume for new product introductions
- Develop & deliver against P & L goals and objectives
Manage all aspects of bringing new products and technology to market to ensure successful launches
- Be the internal champion for the product
- Work with sales partners to develop marketing campaigns
- Partner with Retail team to develop and deliver materials to ensure retail success
- Partner with Retail team to track and analyze in-market implementation
- Evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns and adjust plans as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration, MBA preferred
- 5+ years strategic brand marketing experience required, at least 2 of which must be in a manager level role; evidence of consistent progression in responsibility required
- Fluent in both Spanish and English languages
- Experience with consumer products (hard goods) and/or retail required
- A CPG background is strongly preferred but would be open to non-traditional CPG experience such as electronics, beauty, lifestyle marketing experience, specifically with an understanding of the premium / luxury market.
- Experience managing P&L, media and budget required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Significant experience/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel required